Expected weather: Shower or two developing 23 degrees Celsius
Expected track rating: Good 4
Rail position: Inside
Race 1 1:23 Perth Racing Young Membership Handicap (1,200 metres) – Bet with TABtouch
1. GIGANTE backs up one week after winning over 1,000m at Belmont Park under Tayla Stone. His best speed figure occurred when winning first up over the same aforementioned course and distance so his rating may dip slightly second up.
2. REBEL KING posted the fastest 950m Lark Hill barrier trial of the day ahead of his reappearance but that effort took place more than one month ago. However, he produced his best speed figure first up in December, albeit over 1,000m.
3. SOCIALLY UNIQUE resumes under a new trainer having switched from Shannon Roughan to Raquel Reid since finishing last of nine in the Grandstand Cup at Ascot Racecourse in April. He has won up to 1,600m so probably wants a longer trip.
4. WHISPERING BROOK, like Rebel King, resumes after a 950m Lark Hill barrier trial that was the quickest of the session. Unlike Rebel King, she recorded her best speed rating first up over 1,200m and that was in Moonee Valley's Atlantic Jewel.
5. MR MOTOWN finished fourth of six over 1,000m at Belmont Park three weeks ago. Each of last two victories has occurred on wet tracks over five furlongs and he does not rate well against More Aces on a dry track over that distance.
6. MORE ACES beat Mr Motown over 1,000m at Belmont Park three weeks ago but the speed figure that he registered in that race was several lengths inferior to the ones he put over the same trip on heavy ground in late July and early August.
Race 2 2:03 James Boag's Premium Maiden (1,200 metres) – Bet with TABtouch
1. COMPARATIVE backs up one week after finishing fifth of 13 over 1,400m at Belmont Park. The closest he has got to breaking his maiden was over 1,400m three weeks ago and, as a son of War Chant, he may prefer that trip to 1,200m.
2. ROMAN SKYLAB steps up to 1,200m after a couple of races over 1,000m, the latest of which resulted in him finishing sixth of 11 at Belmont Park 17 days ago. He is not weighted to beat Comparative based on their 1,300m clash in July.
3. CRICKET INDA HOUSE has taken part in four consecutive 1,200m races on soft-rated tracks, most recently finishing sixth of 12 over 1,200m at Belmont Park two weeks ago. He needs to find a few lengths to beat some of his rivals, though.
4. HAYAN LAD is second up 16 days after finishing third of 11 over 1,100m at Northam. Father Knick franked the form of that race on Wednesday but Hayan Lad's speed ratings have been consistently below city maiden-winning level.
5. REMENCORE has had two Lark Hill barrier trials in preparation for his first race since finishing 13th of 15 over 1,000m at Pinjarra Park in April. He would have to improve out of sight on his exposed performances to feature among the places.
6. EVEN MORE ALERT returns without a barrier trial 136 days after finishing fifth of 13 over 1,200m at Ascot Racecourse. He registered the fastest final furlong in that race and Magic Mint has come out of it and won a Belmont Park maiden.
7. PRINCE HAL finished fifth of nine over 1,300m at Belmont Park 17 days ago. He jumps from the widest gate of his brief career and his late sectionals are not those of a galloper likely to break his maiden on a Saturday in a city-class maiden.
8. OAKHURST POWER debuts following a couple of Lark Hill barrier trials, the first on a soft track and the second on a good track. He is a half brother of Flying Roar, Jim Taylor's sprinter which has won nine times over trips from 1,200m to 1,400m.
9. THE SCHILLERFACTOR reappears 170 days after finishing seventh of 12 over 1,000m at Pinjarra Park on his debut. He has had a Belmont Park barrier trial leading into his return but it is hard to enthuse about his debut speed figure.
10. VITAL TOUCH trialled nicely under Craig Staples at Belmont Park 12 days ago but the jockeys president jumps off her to partner Scuffy. She was respectable in several Ascot Racecourse maidens in the autumn and her bar plates are off.
11. SCUFFY is the mount of Craig Staples. She defeated all bar Kia Ora Star over 1,200m at Belmont Park two weeks ago and, yet again, she maps as leading the field from a gate close to the rail. She is likely to make her own luck on the speed.
12. MISS PONDEROSA finished sixth of 10 over 1,200m at Kalgoorlie 20 days ago. She has placed in four maidens ranging from 1,108m to 1,400m but her speed ratings have been consistently just below the level likely to take out this contest.
13. BELLFLOWER boasts similar speed figures to Miss Ponderosa. She finished third of 12 over 1,200m at Belmont Park two weeks ago and, courtesy of Randy Tan's claim, she enjoys a 1.5-kilogram weight pull on Scuffy for two lengths.
14. HEIR AND THERE returned from her 1,300m race at York in March lame in the near fore so that effort may be worth forgiving. All three of her siblings to race have won at least on four occasions, including her full sister, She Rules All.
15. ANDALUZ debuted behind Scuffy, Bellflower and Cricket Inda House over 1,200m at Belmont Park two weeks ago. Her first appearance was OK but she has a lot to make up on those gallopers which she reopposes on her second start.
16. PIRATES MISTRESS has been scratched.
Race 3 2:43 Perth Racing Club Membership Handicap (1,400 metres) – Bet with TABtouch
1. PINZU has run on strongly in each of his two races this preparation, recording the fastest final furlong over 1,300m at Belmont Park four weeks ago and over 1,400m at the same venue two weeks ago. He should be at his peak third up.
2. BARAKI BEATS has trialled to the satisfaction of stewards since bombing the start in spectacular fashion over 1,300m four weeks ago. Trying to predict what he will do is harder than splitting an atom so punters must take him on trust.
3. OUR FINEST MOMENT meets the likes of Pinzu and Flying Roar much worse at the weights than in their recent clashes over similar trips at Belmont Park. He ran his best speed rating in November 2015 and it was over an additional 100m.
4. FLYING ROAR ended his 10-race losing streak when winning over 1,400m at Belmont Park two weeks ago. Jim Taylor elects to claim on him, which sees Tayla Stone take over from Jason Brown for her first ride aboard the six-year-old.
5. JUICING CARROTS trialled well before being too bad to be true first up over 1,400m at Belmont Park two weeks ago. Connections reported that his gear change may have been the issue. Regardless of that, he is better over farther.
6. SO WHO'S HARRY has had three Lark Hill barrier trials leading into his first race since finishing fifth of nine over 1,500m at Ascot Racecourse in March. He boasts good head to heads against Flying Roar over both 1,400m and 1,500m.
7. BONNY BE GOOD was a beaten favourite over 1,200m at Belmont Park three weeks ago. Team Williams reported she had mucus in her upper respiratory tract so it may be wise to put a pen through that effort and focus on her first-up win.
8. GREY ENIGMA finished seventh of 10 over 1,400m at Belmont Park two weeks ago when jumping from the inside gate. He has drawn the outside gate for his rematch with Flying Roar and others so it is hard to see him turning the tables.
Race 4 3:20 Schweppes Plate (1,400 metres) – Bet with TABtouch
1. ATHLETE sprinted better than his seven opponents, including Infinite Beauty and The Big Show, to win a very slowly run 1,300m Belmont Park race 17 days ago. Worryingly, the form out of that contest is not working out particularly well.
2. DRIFTWOOD GIRL backs up one week after finishing sixth of eight over 1,200m at Belmont Park. She has more than three lengths to make up on Patrocity and, with no weight swing, it is hard to make a case for her winning her second race.
3. PATROCITY beat all bar talented three-year-old Money Maher over 1,200m at Belmont Park one week ago and, because he posted the fastest final furlong in that contest, he ought to appreciate getting out to a trip of 1,400m third up.
4. STATE PROSECUTOR was too good for his eight maiden rivals over 1,300m at Belmont Park 17 days ago and now he needs to take the next step. He should be hard to beat in this grade even though neither of his full siblings is a superstar.
5. SCINTILLATING returns from his 227-day spell with two Belmont Park barrier trials under his belt. He debuted behind Driftwood Girl over 1,000m at Ascot Racecourse in January and that form line is insufficiently strong to pick him.
6. MONASH has had 108 days off since finishing ninth of 11 over 1,200m at Belmont Park. Paul Jordan fits him with a tongue tie for the first time and Ryan Hill sticks after partnering him in a Belmont Park barrier trial 12 days ago.
7. HEART OF COEUR debuts following two recent Belmont Park barrier trials. None of his siblings have raced so it is difficult to read much into his pedigree page and he did not catch the eye in either of his preparatory gallops over 1,000m.
8. MARCHIGIANO steps out for the first time after five barrier trials - two in January, one in February, one in August and one five days ago. Both of his siblings to race have posted victories but their wins were at lower levels than this event.
9. THE BIG SHOW did not fire a shot in his debut performance over 1,300m at Belmont Park 17 days ago. A more truly run race may elicit improvement out of him but, for now at least, he is a galloper to watch rather than to back.
10. INFINITE BEAUTY meets Athlete one kilogram worse than when she finished 0.7 lengths behind him over 1,300m at Belmont Park 17 days ago. On weights and measures, she is unlikely to turn the tables on the top weighted runner.
11. PRIVATE DANCER is weighted to close the gap between her and Patrocity that has existed in their two competitive clashes over 1,200m at Belmont Park since late August. Jumping from the outside gate is a knock on her chance, though.
Race 5 3:55 Devil's Lair Plate (1,000 metres) – Bet with TABtouch
1. MY DEMI broke through for his first victory 10 days ago, overtaking Dynamite Dream and others in the latter stage of a 1,000m race at Belmont Park. His win was all the more meritorious because he triumphed from the outside gate.
2. WATTO'S FURY won first up over 1,200m at Belmont Park 31 days ago before being a bit disappointing over the same course and distance three weeks back. He did not have the best of runs in transit so he may be worth another chance.
3. SATURIA defeated carnival-bound Epic Grey on debut over 1,000m but, even though she reopposed him better at the weights, she failed to do the double in a similar race two weeks ago. She maps as the leader but she needs an easy lead.
4. ARRUM BOY is yet to win although he has gone close on several occasions, both during this preparation and his first campaign. He finished fourth of eight over 1,000m at Belmont Park two weeks ago, trailing Saturia and Get The Vibe.
5. FINANCIAL SUPPORT debuts following five barrier trials - one in December, one two in January and two in August - at various venues. None of his siblings have raced and there was nothing in his preparatory efforts to put him on top.
6. GET THE VIBE jumps from the outside gate as she tries to turn the tables on Saturia from their recent clash over 1,000m at Belmont Park. She ran very well against the tempo in that race so she is not without a chance despite her draw.
7. FIRE ANT has had a Belmont Park barrier trial in the lead up to her first race since finishing 11th of 13 in the Gimcrack Stakes in March. She made a winning debut over 1,000m at Ascot Racecourse in February but the race rated poorly.
8. MISTY METAL debuted over 1,100m at Northam 16 days ago and she began her career in the best possible fashion, running on strongly to win by a cosy margin under Skye Bogenhuber. She may improve but she needs to do so.
9. DYNAMITE DREAM has finished third in each of her two races either side of her 151-day spell, most recently when losing to My Demi over 1,000m at Belmont Park 10 days ago. Jason Brown jumps off her back and Jerry Noske takes over.
10. ZING BANG WOP took out a Lark Hill barrier trial 19 days ago and she boasts a good head-to-head against Fire Ant from their Gimcrack Stakes clash in March. However, Fire Ant does not shape as being one of the leading contenders.
Race 6 4:25 D'Orsogna Handicap (1,200 metres) – Bet with TABtouch
1. ATLANTA BLUE was held up for a run last time out over 1,200m at Belmont Park two weeks ago. He has won more races over 1,400m than 1,200m but his speed figures suggest he is better suited to six furlongs than seven furlongs.
2. BIG CAROLINE was scratched on Wednesday. She finished seventh of 11 over 1,400m at Belmont Park four weeks ago. She has won a couple of low-rating city races in her 46-start career and her best speed rating occurred in March 2014.
3. ON TREND seems to produce his best performances when fresh. He finished sixth of 11 over 1,200m at Belmont Park two weeks and that effort was akin to his previous fastest speed figure which he also recorded over six furlongs first up.
4. JESTER ROCK has not won in the big smoke and he was six lengths off the winner in his last race before going for his 17-week spell, finishing 10th of 14 over 1,600m at Belmont Park. Others more make appeal in the circumstances.
5. ROTANA BEACH went from zero to hero in the space of a fortnight. Two starts ago she finished last of 11 over 1,400m at Belmont Park so punters did not know what hit them when she won over 1,200m at the same venue two weeks back.
6. MULTIVERSE is working his way through the grades. He broke his maiden over 1,200m at Belmont Park four weeks ago in what has turned out to be a hot form race and he was a convincing winner over course and distance on his latest start.
7. YOUNG GINA resumed her career with big raps but she kicked off her third campaign with an eight of 11 over 1,400m at Belmont Park four weeks ago and she finished seventh of 11 over 1,200m at the same venue a fortnight ago.
8. TOMOHAWK finished second of nine over 1,200m at Belmont Park 17 days ago but that was not the strongest race and, according to the clock, his best speed figures have been registered when he has competed over shorter distances.
9. DE ANDES has posted consecutive fifth places in 1,200m races, most recently behind Rotana Beach and Atlanta Blue at Belmont Park two weeks ago. His poor late splits are a reason why he has not won in the city since September 2014.
10. HANDLED races with a tongue tie fitted for the first time in what is his first start for Jarrad Humphries since he rejoined his stable from that of Peter Fernie. He is hard to fancy on his ninth of 12 over 1,300m at Kalgoorlie 97 days ago.
11. JUPITER RISING was disappointing last time out from a good gate, finishing ninth of 11 over 1,200m at Belmont Park two weeks ago. That was a good few lengths of his best form and he may have come to the end of his preparation.
Race 7 5:00 Ascot Racing Carnival - Book Now Handicap (1,600 metres) – Bet with TABtouch
1. FIRST AFFAIR backs up nine days after winning over 1,600m at Northam under Fred Kersley. She beat her stablemate, Battle Torque, when they clashed over 2,000m in February but she may the yard's second string based on the jockeys.
2. BATTLE TORQUE gets the services of William Pike for the first time since they paired up in December. He was blocked for a run last time out so he is capable of much better than that and, crucially, Adam Durrant removes his bar plates.
3. DARK PROSPECT brings strong form lines having beaten Lorentinio and Quest To Venus and only gone down to Ragnar's Saga in his three races, each of them over 1,400m. Running Ragnar's Saga to less than one length is decent form.
4. SONNEN has not won below 2,000m but he has been sound in each of his two runs this preparation, finishing second over 1,650m at Belmont Park 24 days ago before following that effort with a third of 12 in a similar race a fortnight back.
5. BLACK FREDA made it four wins from 12 starts when she saluted the judge over 1,600m at Northam 30 days ago but her various performances at metropolitan venues have not been up to the standard of the favourites for this contest.
6. GOLGOTHA made it two wins on the spin when he won over 1,650m at Belmont Park 10 days ago. Lindsay Smith was hardly glowing in praise for him, though, and he is well behind Dark Prospect on a collateral form line through Quest To Venus.
7. CELTIC WIZARD went better than ever before according to the clock when he finished third of 13 over 1,650m at Belmont Park 17 days ago. He drops three kilograms, Take It Like A Man has franked the form but he has the outside gate.
8. DAISY EXPRESS has had a 27-day break since finishing seventh of nine over 2,140m at Kalgoorlie. Dropping back to 1,600m is a negative and she gets her seventh different jockey in her last seven races in the shape of Jason Whiting.
9. BALTMONTGOMERY has finished last of eight in a Lark Hill barrier trial since beating only one galloper in his first-up assignment over 1,300m at Northam 30 days ago. He has won one of his 11 races and that was 1,720m at Narrogin.
10. DECOY NOXIOUS jumps from another wide gate as he tries to build on his last couple of results - first of 11 over 1,600m at Northam followed by third of 14 over 1,650m at Belmont Park. Daniel Staeck has switched to Celtic Wizard.
11. GOLD INVADER is another competitor which loses the services of Daniel Staeck as he backs up nine days after the in-form jockey steered him to fourth of 11 over 1,600m at Northam. He has won at Northam once and Narrogin twice.
12. PROCLAMATION finished 11th of 12 over 1,600m at Belmont Park two weeks ago. He won a midweek race over 1,700m at the same venue in July but his best speed figure occurred over 2,200m and he is bred to want that kind of trip.
Race 8 5:35 Get The TABtouch Handicap (2,000 metres) – Bet with TABtouch
1. JETOOMY has won three of his nine races this preparation but his speed figures are regressing from his best effort that occurred over 2,100m at Belmont Park in July. Fiona Bell reunites with him to reduce his impost by her three-kilogram claim.
2. WITNESS IN COURT made it three wins from his last five starts when he flew home to defeat, among others, Reef Keeper and Slick Talker, over 1,600m at Belmont Park two weeks ago. He keeps posting fastest final furlongs of races.
3. CHARLESTOWN races in bar plates for fifth time in a row. He finished 11th of 12 over 2,000m at Belmont Park two weeks ago, he has not won since getting the job done over 2,200m this time last year and it is hard to like his current gear.
4. VERDELLO BLUE has not won for 413 days when he took out a lower grade race over 2,100m at Belmont Park. The old stager turned 11 last month and he has not been finishing off his races with competitive late splits for quite some time.
5. ENTRECHAT loses the services of William Pike with Takehide Ikenushi riding the mare which he partnered in her pre-campaign barrier trial. She jumps from an outside gate, her last-start effort was plain and she is slightly out of her class.
6. THUNDERCLAP NEWMAN finished last of 10 over 1,600m at Belmont Park one week ago. He registered his best speed figure on a soft track and there is plenty of statistical data to support him being best suited to rain-affected surfaces.
7. WAR KSAR was disappointing last time out two weeks ago, finishing 10th of 12 over 2,000m at Belmont Park. He has won a couple of staying races at city venues but neither of those races rated all that impressively according to the clock.
8. LET'S TWIST finished fifth of 12 over 2,000m at Belmont Park two weeks ago. Formerly with Mick Kent in Victoria, she has run a number of promising races but the numbers are starting to suggest she may prefer a bit shorter than 10 furlongs.
9. ROMELO went close to breaking what is now his 777-day drought when second of 10 over 2,200m at Belmont Park two weeks ago. A full brother of Group One star Rising Romance, that was his best-ever effort but now he drops to 2,000m.
10. BERGANTINA retains the bar plates in which she finished eighth of 10 over 1,600m at Belmont Park three weeks ago. The fine run of results in the second half of her last campaign coincided with Steve Wallace removing her bar plates.
11. QUINTESSENCE had her first run since joining Jim Enright two weeks ago and she faded out of contention to finish eighth of 10 over 2,200m. She recorded her best speed rating in March 2015 so her best days appear to be behind her.
12. REEF KEEPER failed to post back-to-back victories when finishing fourth of 12 over 1,600m at Belmont Park two weeks ago. He meets Witness In Court five kilograms better for a three-length margin but he starts from the car park.
13. SLICK TALKER is not weighted to turn the tables on either Witness In Court or Reef Keeper, both of which he followed home when finishing fifth of 12 over 1,600m at Belmont Park two weeks ago. He has not won since April 2016.
14. TRAP FOR FOOLS had two barrier trials prior to finishing second of 11 over 1,600m at Northam nine days ago. He won a midweek 2,100m race at Ascot Racecourse before being well beaten in higher class, including the WATC Derby.
15. PRENTICE knows how it feels to win a black type race having triumphed in the 2013 WA Sires' Produce Stakes on what was only his fifth start. His three subsequent wins have been nowhere near the class of his maiden breaker.
16. TOP RATED has beaten just one galloper in his three runs since resuming his career in June. Thirteen days ago he finished 15th of 16 over 1,760m at Kalgoorlie. Northam and Tatura in Victoria are where he has posted wins.