Expected weather: Mostly sunny 27°C
Expected track rating: GOOD4
Rail position: 3M
Race 1 - 2:10PM JAMES BOAG'S PREMIUM HANDICAP (1000 METRES) – FULL FIELD
7. VEGA DIOR is the full sister of gun galloper Vega Magic and is having her first start under race conditions. The Sean Casey stable has taken their time with getting the filly to the races which has to be a positive. The recent trials were good and she should attack the winning post strongly.
3. SNOW LORD broke his maiden status last start with a nice win up the Pinjarra straight over 1000m. William Pike goes on and he looks to get the run of the race from barrier one.
1. FLOYD is a speed machine. He showed that on debut when covering extra ground at Northam back in November 2016. The son of Not A Single Doubt will lead and be the one to catch.
2. KRAMDEN is another speedy type which will jump and run. Likely to sit outside of Floyd in running, apprentice Mollie Clark will be duelling with Floyd for the majority of the race. The gelding by Husson Lightning should stick on to run a nice race.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 7-3-1-2
SUGGESTED BET: 7. Vega Dior – EACH WAY
Race 2 - 2:40PM YELLOWGLEN PLATE (1200 METRES) – FULL FIELD
3. PURE GEM was the eye-catcher last start behind Royal Strata. He looked to have improved sharply from trial to debut which could mean that he is in for further improvement into this race. Out to 1200m is a big positive.
4. MONEY MAHER has the advantage of race experience and trialled well recently. He will settle midfield and run on strongly.
14. ROCKING ROSE comes out of the same race as Pure Gem. The filly came down the outside of the track, which was not the place to be, and hit the line strongly after racing greenly. She should have improved from that run.
6. ATHLETE makes his debut for Neville Parnham. He comes from a 400m trial, which is of some concern, but blinkers go on for raceday and that can help him get the 1200m.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 3-4-14-6
SUGGESTED BET: 3. Pure Gem – WIN & 4. Money Maher – WIN
Race 3 - 3:10PM HEINEKEN 3 MAIDEN (1200 METRES) – FULL FIELD
14. IMAGINARY found the 1016m last start at Bunbury too short and looks nearly a certain to win out to 1200m.
12. TALITA will have her first start in Western Australia after coming from New Zealand. Now in the care of Brent Albuino, the mare trialled very sharply and should go close to shaking her 14-start maiden tag.
3. PRINCE WESTON will be ridden by 3kg-claiming apprentice Mollie Clark after Glenn Smith rode the gelding to finish second last start at Pinjarra. He looked to have fitness improvement left in him.
1. VICTORIOUS LAD was ridden from a long way out behind Prince Weston last start. He still found the line well which suggested upside to come. Barrier 19 is not ideal but watch for him to run on late.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 14-12-3-1
SUGGESTED BET: 14. Imaginary - WIN
Race 4 - 3:40PM LAVAZZA HANDICAP (2100 METRES) – FULL FIELD
4. DELANTERO ran on well last start behind Khawaja. Like a lot of his rivals, he will appreciate getting out to 2100m.
1. GRAND CADEAU looked disappointing last start in the same race as Khawaja and Delantero but he is bred to be a genuine stayer. Out to 2100m suits but the further the better for the gelding.
7. PERFECT ROSE comes into the 2100m race third up which looks like a deliberate plan of attack from the Williams team. William Pike elects this one over Delantero which is a very good guide.
12. JOYOUS AFFAIR was three-wide last start in the Khawaja race but stuck on gamely to only be beaten by 4.5 lengths. From the better barrier, she can run a bold race at big odds.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 4-1-7-12
SUGGESTED BET: 1. Grand Cadeau – PLACE & 12. Joyous Affair – PLACE
Race 5 - 4:10PM FASHIONS ON THE FIELD - 1 APRIL HANDICAP (2200 METRES) – FULL FIELD
6. COMPELLING was a good thing beaten last start after getting held up behind a wall of horses. With a bit of luck and clear running, she will take beating.
1. REGAL ROGUE has been in consistent form this preparation and broke through for her maiden West Australian win last start at Bunbury. She can go on with that good form here and back out to 2200m is key.
4. MOUQUET steps out to 2200m and the blinkers come off to get her to settle. Both runs since winning her maiden have been surprisingly good. The form behind Friaresque has held up which means she should go close in a race such as this.
10. BON SIGNORE ran on strongly last start to just miss Battle Torque and Blustery. Expect him to hold his good form from barrier four.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 6-1-4-10
SUGGESTED BET: 6. Compelling - WIN
Race 6 - 4:40PM SERVTECH GLOBAL HANDICAP (1200 METRES) – FULL FIELD
7. LE PATRON comes into the race off a good third in a strong form race which was won by Conseated. Conseated has since come out and run second in 78+ grade while Presentatie, which was second in that race, has come out and won. Le Patron should go close in what is a much easier race.
3. MR AFRICAN just missed Mr Mowtown last start after slightly bounding in the air at the start. Tayla Stone jumps aboard and takes off 3kg which is a big positive. If they decide to roll forward, he will be hard to run down.
5. RECOILED drops in class significantly after placing behind Seeker in 66+ grade. Jason Brown will have to think his way through the beginning from barrier 12. A cold ride will see him finish off strongly.
4. PATRIMONIO got out to the worst part of the track last start which didn’t allow him to finish off. Out to 1200m is an advantage and he should show his best here.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 7-3-5-4
SUGGESTED BET: 7. Le Patron – EACH WAY
Race 7 - 5:10PM SCHWEPPES HANDICAP (1400 METRES) – FULL FIELD
4. TOUCH OF SILVER was a very smart winner last start when beating Sirius Prospect and Awaken. Both of those rivals have since come out and won. The latter winning the Listed Ascot 1000 Guineas. Form reads well.
9. SECRET DOUBT returned brilliantly to win first up and stuck to her task soundly last time out behind Quilista. She should get a soft run from barrier eight and feature in the finish.
3. TONKATUFF has had a two-month let up and the blinkers go on for the first time in his career. He is one to keep an eye on in betting.
1. SKELLIG ran well first up when beaten by talented stablemate Pushin’ Shapes. Second up from the good draw and with the apprentice on should suit. One for the Irish punters on course for St Patrick’s Raceday.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 4-9-3-1
SUGGESTED BET: 4. Touch Of Silver - WIN
Race 8 - 5:40PM AMELIA PARK HANDICAP (1600 METRES) – FULL FIELD
4. MELTING POINT was a beaten favourite last start behind Sirius Prospect but still ran well considering he had to go right back to the inside of the cutaway. He should go well again from the good draw.
11. IN DA HOOD covered extra ground last start when second up and may have to do the same from barrier 17. But if Mollie Clark can roll forward or sit three-wide with cover, she should be able to run a good race.
2. SONG OF WAR is an each-way chance but has the right form behind Eleven Seconds, Zefiro and Sirius Prospect to be able to run a credible race.
17. SCORELINE looked to get the run of the race last start at Bunbury but he did travel keenly in running, which means he may have used up more petrol than first thought. From barrier eight, he is one at double figure odds to consider.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 4-11-2-17
SUGGESTED BET: 11. In Da Hood – EACH WAY
HAVING A BET?
BEST BET: Race 3 – 14. Imaginary
BEST VALUE: Race 6 – 7. Le Patron
Click here for the latest TABtouch betting markets.
Please remember to always gamble responsibly.