Expected weather: Possible shower 27°C
Expected track rating: GOOD4
Rail position: Inside
Race 1 - 12:24PM TABTOUCH PLATE (1100 METRES) – FULL FIELD
3. GET THE VIBE is the only winner of the field after jumping on the bunny last start and leading all of the way. The filly by Demerit should do the same thing again in the small field of four runners.
4. DANES MAREE was excellent last start behind Resistance, which looked to have a stack of ability. She will have improved with the race experience.
5. ALTA SULL'AMORE is a lovely first starter by champion juvenile Sepoy and out of WA Champion Fillies Stakes winning mare Hi On Love, who is closely related to Barakey and Magnifisio. Her recent trials were professional but she also looks to have nice upside to come.
1. LITTLE HERCULES was sound last start in the Listed Perth Stakes behind Wacked Out. This race will be run at a softer tempo which could suit him.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 3-4-5-1
SUGGESTED BET: 3. Get The Vibe – WIN
Race 2 - 1:03PM SCHWEPPES HANDICAP (1400 METRES) – FULL FIELD
1. KEY TO FAME is probably the each-way play of the day. On an afternoon which could suit those on the speed, Key To Fame will stride to the front and either lead or take cover behind Forseen. It is very hard to see him missing out on a top three finish.
10. SECRET DOUBT has been honest this preparation. From barrier six and with a hot tempo expected, today could be the time to try her with cover. Expect a bold showing.
9. ELEGANT BLAST fell last start and was found to be lame after the race. She has trialled softly since and is drawn perfectly to get a cushy run along the fence. Do not dive into anything under $3 though.
8. DUSHA ZACHISTKI has found a nice patch of form recently after promising so much in his early days. The key to him is getting free air which may mean that Shaun McGruddy is advised to lead from the inside draw. Even with a sit, he will finish in the top half of the field.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 1-10-9-8
SUGGESTED BET: 1. Key To Fame – EACH WAY
Race 3 - 1:43PM AMELIA PARK HANDICAP (1400 METRES) – FULL FIELD
3. ROYAL MISSILE showed first up that she was looking for 1400m and she gets it here. Drawn ideally in two, she should get the run of the race and be too strong in the finish.
2. ONE SHORT was excellent first up at Albany when coming from the tail of the field to beat a moderate bunch. Drawn well in one, the Steve Wolfe stable is in good form and just starting to hit top gear.
6. BUSHFIRE BLONDE looks to be the only leader on paper and could get it soft out in front. She is at a handy each-way price on a day which may suit those near the front of the field.
9. PRIZE CATCH will carry the featherweight of 52kg thanks to Randy Tan’s 2kg claim. Out to 1400m could see the son of Zoffany show his best.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 3-2-6-9
SUGGESTED BET: 3. Royal Missile – WIN
Race 4 - 2:23PM POINT2 SOLUTIONS - DALLAGLIO RUGBYWORKS HANDICAP (1000 METRES) – FULL FIELD
4. REMEMBER BERLIN should get the lead comfortably from barrier two and will be the one to chase down. The win last start was good but the effort before that, when second to Quilista, is the key form line. He will be hard to beat.
7. BELLS TOWER was game last start, up the 1000m straight, at Pinjarra. The start before that Ascot, when narrowly beaten by Kaapander, was also sound and that form has stood up to this level of racing. Expect a good show at an each-way price.
8. CHILLIE STORM was an unexpected third last start when $51 behind Snow Lord. Barrier one sees him get every possible chance.
1. MR MOTOWN seems to do his best racing fresh. Three weeks since his last run suggests that Lindsey Smith has him spot on to run well.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 4-7-8-1
SUGGESTED BET: 4. Remember Berlin – WIN
Race 5 - 3:03PM YELLOWGLEN HANDICAP (1600 METRES) – FULL FIELD
7. BY DECREE was a well-beaten favourite last start at Geraldton but did have to work hard to get outside of the leader. She looks to be the only natural leader in the race and could prove hard to catch.
3. BOLLYWOOD BLITZ has put in two nice efforts this preparation. William Pike staying on is a big lead and the horse looks to be going very well. He is a key chance from the good draw.
4. OUR MATE AL is on the quick one-week back-up but was good when running on behind Settlers Creek to only be beaten 2½ lengths. Out to 1600m is perfect.
2. KENSINGTON ABBEY was good last start over 1400m in the Listed Sheila Gwynne Stakes. Like Our Mate Al, she just looked to need more ground to wind up, which she gets today out to 1600m.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 7-3-4-2
SUGGESTED BET: 7. By Decree – EACH WAY
Race 6 - 3:40PM DIGGERS CUP (1400 METRES) – FULL FIELD
4. CORPORATE LARRIKIN is the only on-speed runner in the race and will get an easy time of it out in front. Do not be surprised if apprentice Tayla Stone strings them out a long way from home and proves too hard to catch.
6. VARIATION is a classy three-year-old but takes on the older horses here. He can match it with them comfortably and Brad Parnham may adopt similar tactics to last start, when slotting into Quilista’s slipstream, and follow Corporate Larrikin closer. Likely favourite.
7. MIKI TWO TOES has never missed a place when at Ascot over 1400m, which has to help confidence levels of backers. He will settle in the second half of the field but should still run on well.
9. RED PUBLISHER had plenty of valid excuses last start in the Batavia Sprint. He drew wide on that occasion and was three and four deep for the trip. Drawn wide again, he should settle back and be able to make up some ground with the solid tempo expected.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 4-6-7-9
SUGGESTED BET: 4. Corporate Larrikin – EACH WAY
Race 7 - 4:15PM RSLWA - WESTERN AUSTRALIA CUP (3200 METRES) – FULL FIELD
2. DARK ALERT won the Pinjarra Cup last start quite effortlessly and looks to be the only stayer with a turn of speed. He appears hard to beat but there is not much form to go on over 3200m.
5. CHILL THE CHAMPERS has the miles in her legs after running in the 2400m Oaks and Derby. The most recent effort in the WATC Derby was good when third after a tough run in transit. She is a grinder with no turn of speed so she will be near the top and one to chase down.
8. SUNSET SUPERMAN ground away nicely for third in the Pinjarra Cup. 3200m could be exactly what the six-year-old is looking for at this stage of his career.
9. THE TEMPTRESS finished off well last start behind Magic Las Vegas only eight days ago. She has plenty of runs over 2000m under her belt from this preparation and could be one at nice odds.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 2-5-8-9
SUGGESTED BET: 8. Sunset Superman – PLACE
Race 8 - 4:55PM D'ORSOGNA ITALIAN RACEDAY - 20 MAY HANDICAP (1200 METRES) – FULL FIELD
1. MAJINIKA won well last start after a one-month freshen up. With all of the other speed in the race drawn outside of him, he should be able to lead or take a sit behind Furious Dame or Conseated. He opened up a good each-way price too.
5. RED PADDY has had a two-month freshen up since his runner-up effort behind Dezzies Dream. This race looks to have enough speed to allow him to show his wicked finishing burst.
10. CUANZO has drawn perfectly in barrier three. As long as he jumps with them, he will be smothered up before being unleashed in the straight. A great each-way bet.
6. WOOLIBAR drew poorly in the Fitzpatrick Plate at Albany so connections decided to scratch and wait for this. There looks to be enough speed on to allow him to sprint late.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 1-5-10-6
SUGGESTED BET: 1. Majinika – EACH WAY
HAVING A BET?
BEST BET: Race 3 – 3. Royal Missile
BEST VALUE: Race 5 – 7. By Decree
Click here for the latest TABtouch betting markets.
Please remember to always gamble responsibly.