Expected weather: Mostly sunny 27°C
Expected track rating: GOOD4
Race 1 - 12:43PM PERTH RACING TWITTER MAIDEN (1000 METRES) – FULL FIELD
6. YENDOR drops in class significantly after a moderate run last time out behind Achernar Star. She did a bit wrong on that occasion and will have improved for the run. Her trial before the debut effort was impressive. Will start at big overs.
1. DAZZLING POET will likely start favourite. He ran a nice third last week behind Rock Or Bust but those form lines are questionable as Rock Or Bust was an $81 shot and won by five lengths. Don’t bet if he is under $3.
9. VELVET VIXEN’s recent trial was good but it was only over 600m. She is by two-year-old winner himself Foxwedge and has shown good natural ability. A great each-way chance.
5. KISS BANG LOVE will have her first run back since running an unlucky sixth on Saturday 15 October behind Seannie. She will have learned a lot from her trip to the races and should go well here.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 6-1-9-5
SUGGESTED BET: 6. Yendor – EACH WAY
Race 2 - 1:22PM PERTH RACING INSTAGRAM MAIDEN (1500 METRES) – FULL FIELD
8. DELANTERO is a first starter by Savabeel out of the mighty Grant and Alana Williams stable. He has had two trials leading into this and should be fit. Take on trust that he is a better than the rivals he meets here. A likely Derby type.
9. GRAND CADEAU is another having his first start here and is by excellent New Zealand sire Pour Moi. He is likely to head towards the Derby as well and is coming off two good trials. The most recent was over 1450m so he should be fit.
13. COULD BE QUEEN has run well so far this preparation for two placings behind Dukeazza and Fontainebleau. Both of those gallopers came out and ran well in Saturday class with Dukeazza winning and Fontainebleau running second in that same race.
15. LATAKIA FRIARS is by Blackfriars and ran well on debut over the unsuitable trip of 1208m. She will improve out to 1500m here.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 8-9-13-15
SUGGESTED BET: 8. Delantero – EACH WAY
Race 3 - 1:57PM KIRIN MEGUMI HANDICAP (1400 METRES) – FULL FIELD
2. KINGDOM AND EMPIRE broke his maiden last start over 1208m. Jarrad Noske rode both this galloper and MELTING POINT to victory but goes with this one for raceday. A good lead…
3. MELTING POINT won nicely last week over 1400m and stays at the same trip here. He should get the run of the race from barrier one and Paul Harvey on.
9. AMALFI LASS returns after winning a class one in devastating fashion back in November 2016. She will run a good race first up but will improve over further. She is a really serious filly.
1. FINAL SALUTE’s last start was in the Group Two WA Guineas where he ran a slashing fourth under Douglas Whyte. This looks to be a suitable stepping stone towards bigger things for the cerise and white machine.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 2-3-9-1
SUGGESTED BET: 2. Kingdom And Empire – EACH WAY
Race 4 - 2:37PM DEL BASSO SMALLGOODS HANDICAP (1400 METRES) – FULL FIELD
4. MY GRACE is a very good filly which won nicely first up at Bunbury. Another cerise and white runner which should be heading on to bigger and better things after this.
5. GOLGOTHA has had two trials leading into this and looks to be a different horse this preparation. First up over 1400m is no worries after trialling well recently over 1400m. Is at good each-way odds.
1. GENERAL HUSSON will lead and give you a good sight out in front. He has not run a bad race since moving to the Geoff Durrant and Jason Miller yard.
2. GANGBUSTER showed plenty of talent last preparation before going slightly amiss. The trials leading into this race suggest that he has come back in good order.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 4-5-1-2
SUGGESTED BET: 5. Golgotha – EACH WAY
Race 5 - 3:15PM AMELIA PARK LAMB HANDICAP (2200 METRES) – FULL FIELD
1. LET'S TWIST won impressively last start and seems to be a very good mare with a bright future. She can carry the top weight here with no worries and win. Bigger things are on the horizon for her next preparation.
4. BOWL A DOOSRA will lead and lead for a long way of the race. He will be the one to catch could run them into the ground.
5. BLUSTERY ran a cracking third last start at big odds. He arguably should have won on that occasion and has never run a bad race at Ascot.
6. DAGORLAD looked to be outclassed last start in tougher grade. This is back down in class and he should run well from the soft draw.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 1-4-5-6
SUGGESTED BET: 4. Bowl A Doosra – EACH WAY
Race 6 - 3:55PM PENFOLDS HANDICAP (1200 METRES) – FULL FIELD
16. REGAL MOON won nicely on debut last start. He looks to have upside and could make it a big day for the cerise and white.
2. ZEFIRO won very impressively last start after being desperately unlucky the start before in tougher grade. Back to 1200m is the query but there does look to be enough speed to make it a truly run race. Will be close again.
6. WICKED HUNTER’s last two runs in Saturday grade have been very admirable. He was scratched from a harder race on Saturday for this and looks to be right in the mix.
11. THE GOSPEL SIN broke his maiden status impressively last start and looks to be the type of horse which can go on with it towards bigger and better things.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 16-2-6-11
SUGGESTED BET: 2. Zefiro – EACH WAY
Race 7 - 4:30PM CROWN TOWERS HANDICAP (1600 METRES) – FULL FIELD
10. THUNDER BOOM is a gun filly going places. She won the tough way last start against the older horses but she should position up better from the good draw here. She looks hard to beat.
6. GEORGE 'N' ERNIE ran well last start at Pinjarra but just looked like he needed the run. He should improve out to 1600m here.
5. CHECKERS has run well in both of his starts this preparation. The most recent of those saw him run within two lengths of the very smart Majinika. A very live chance in this.
11. BJORN TO LOVE gets the 3kg claim from young Fred W Kersley. His form has been consistent and should run in the top four.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 10-6-5-11
SUGGESTED BET: 6. George ‘N’ Ernie – EACH WAY & 10. Thunder Boom - WIN
Race 8 - 5:10PM GET THE TABTOUCH HANDICAP (1800 METRES) – FULL FIELD
1. BUSTER ANDY will receive the services of in-form apprentice Kate Witten and looks to get a lovely run from barrier four despite having to carry top weight. He ran well for third last start when beaten under a length by Zefiro on the inferior part of the track.
6. MUSICAL ART was poor last start but did not handle the quick one-week backup. Expect an improved performance from the good barrier at healthy each-way odds.
10. KHAWAJA is third up and 1800m will be ideal. He hasn’t set the world on fire this preparation but should improve out to this more suitable trip.
17. CRINKLECUT is another which will appreciate getting out over a trip and could run a cheeky race, if he gets a run.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 1-6-10-17
SUGGESTED BET: 1. Buster Andy – EACH WAY
HAVING A BET?
BEST BET: Race 4 – 4. My Grace
BEST VALUE: Race 2 – 8. Delantero
Click here for the latest TABtouch betting markets.
Please remember to always gamble responsibly.