THE WESTERN AUSTRALIAN TURF CLUB
NOTICE TO MEMBERS
The 2021 Annual General Meeting (AGM) for the Western Australian Turf Club (trading as Perth Racing) will be held at 5:00pm on Monday, 18 October 2021 at Ascot Racecourse.
The terms of office for the following Directors will expire in 2021:
· Mr Colin Brown (is eligible for re-election for a final elected term)
· Ms Paula Sullivan (is eligible for re-election for a final elected term)
· Mr Ron Sayers (is eligible for re-election for a second elected term)
There are three (3) Elected Director vacancies to be filled. Nominations for election must be received by the Club Secretary by 5:00pm on Thursday, 16 September 2021. All nominees must submit a signed and dated nomination form that can be obtained from Perth Racing.
To be nominated, the candidate must be:
1) Over the age of 18;
2) An ordinary, financial member of the Club for at least the past 18 months; and
3) Not a steward or board member of Racing and Wagering Western Australia or any other race club, trotting club or greyhound racing club, unless the Board, in its absolute discretion, determines otherwise.
Please note that Directors are expected to attend monthly Board Meetings as well as various Committee and Special Meetings throughout their term, which is for a period of 3 years. Their involvement is a governance role not a management one, and as such an understanding of Board procedures and governance is preferred. The Board of Perth Racing operate at a highly professional level with corporate and commercial leadership and strategic skills. Directors should be free from conflicts of interest, have an interest in horse racing and be able to contribute to the Board diversity.
Should more than three (3) nominations be received, an election will be required. In this event, an online ballot will be conducted by Computershare, with voting details emailed to all voting members on Monday, 20 September 2021.
For the small number of voting members who have not registered an email address with the Club, ballot papers will be posted to their address on Monday, 20 September 2021.
For further information regarding the election process, please contact Stacey Hunt, Administration Officer, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 9277 0790. If required, a meeting with an Elected Director can be arranged.