Expected weather: Showers 20°C
Expected track rating: Soft5-Soft7
Rail position: 11m
Race 1 - 12:27pm Lucky Street At Darling View Thoroughbreds Mdn (1200 Metres) – Full Field
1. OLIVER'S TRAVELS has his first start with Simon Miller after trialling well on two separate occasions leading into the race. The son of Saxon will get the gun run from barrier two and should be winning. Watch for him as he gets over further.
3. TOW ROPE’s last start behind What's Up Doc was sound when a beaten favourite over 1100m. He will improve second up and out to 1200m but will need luck from the wide draw. Jarrad Noske on will help.
7. MISS PONDEROSA comes into the race with over a month off since running second behind Sense Of Power over 1406m. Back to 1200m is the query for the daughter of High Chaparral but she appears to have nice ability and will be fresh.
9. STREAK AWAY comes back to 1200m also but that may suit the daughter of O'Reilly and Karrakatta Plate winner Brava Fortune. She should get the lovely run in transit from barrier three and be able to finish off this time. Typical of many of the O’Reilly stock, they may seem to stay but can be better suited to sprint trips and a prime example is Red Paddy. This one may be the same.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 1-3-7-9
SUGGESTED BET: 9. Streak Away – PLACE
Race 2 - 1:07pm Vili's Plate (1200 Metres) – Full Field
9. PERFECT JEWEL is a debutant out of the Grant and Alana Williams stable. The filly will wear the cerise and white of Bob and Sandra Peters and, on her recent trials, will be very hard to beat after recently clocking a sharp time of 57.30 over 950m in soft going.
1. ARRUM BOY’s form is hard to ignore with names like Debellatio and Kiss Bang Love popping up when looking for a guide on ability. The son of Demerit will measure up comfortably in this weaker grade.
2. INVISIBLE PRO makes his debut and is a first starter by Proart whose progeny are going well at the moment. His recent trial over 1000m was sound when winning. Trained by Simon Miller, expect the gelding to roll forward from barrier five and be hard to catch in front.
5. CARESS YOUR SOUL is a speedy filly by Street Boss which will burn along out in front from barrier two with apprentice Randy Tan on. She could be hard to run down with the excellent form behind Cognac in her corner.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 9-1-2-5
SUGGESTED BET: 9. Perfect Jewel – WIN
Race 3 - 1:42pm Get The Tabtouch Plate (1200 Metres) – Full Field
5. COLD AS COLD makes his debut for trainer Steve Wolfe, from barrier one. The son of Frost Giant hit the line well in a recent trial at Lark Hill over 950m when clocking 56.96 seconds. He can give this race a shake from the good barrier.
1. PEARL TRADE is a very smart filly but still has plenty to learn. She got too far back last start behind Mizlecki but still ran on strongly despite wanting to pull and do things wrong in the run. Expect the filly by Trade Fair to get better over further.
2. ASCOT GOLD has not been far off in his three career starts having run third behind Cognac, fourth behind Pearl Trade and fifth behind Mizlecki. Another quiet ride from Steven Parnham will see the gelding hit the line well from back in the field.
8. THUNDERSTRUT has promised a lot in her short career since debuting in the first two-year-old race of the season and now gets her chance back in Wednesday grade. She won't have any excuses from barrier four and with the in-form Dan Staeck on board.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 5-1-2-8
SUGGESTED BET: 5. Cold As Cold – EACH WAY
Race 4 - 2:17pm Peacock Bros Handicap (1200 Metres) – Full Field
6. MISS LAWRANCE comes into the race first up and is unbeaten when fresh. Shelby Colgate claims 3kg off the filly's back and should get the gun run from barrier three. Being out of a Commands mare, she should handle the soft conditions if the rain comes.
10. CAPE LADY probably has the most upside moving forward but will need a bit of luck from barrier eight. If the daughter of Charge Forward brings her best, she will be hard to beat.
9. AKIKO may have needed the run first up when beaten by Imperial Venus after going into that race without a trial. Hopefully the Nicconi filly jumps better than last start and can show her customary dash. If she does, she should run well.
1. DIA DE LA RAZA won impressively last start when toughing the race out well to the line at Pinjarra. From barrier four and with apprentice Tayla Stone on, the gelding can sit handy again and finish off.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 6-10-9-1
SUGGESTED BET: 6. Miss Lawrance – WIN
Race 5 - 2:52pm Perth Racing Club Membership Handicap (1000 Metres) – Full Field
2. SIR SNUGALOT led them up last start when overrun by Imperial Venus. From barrier two, the son of Oratorio can lead again and, with a bit of extra fitness on his side, may be hard to run down.
6. SOVEREIGN HALL was flat second up after a sharp and luckless run first up. The son of Universal Ruler drops back down to class three and, from barrier one, should get the softest possible run behind the leader or three pairs back on the fence.
1. TOMOHAWK is first up after trialling fairly well behind Atacama Sky and Sealed With A Kiss. He is a slow maturing horse according to Sean Casey but he could be right up to the mark fresh.
3. MY LAINA is likely to bowl along near the speed from barrier eight and dropping in class should see her improve vastly.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 2-6-1-3
SUGGESTED BET: 6. Sovereign Hall – EACH WAY
Race 6 - 3:30pm Fifth Leg Handicap (1300 Metres) – Full Field
3. ANOTHER VISION found the line brilliantly well for second over the unsuitable trip of 1000m first up behind the smart Chin Strap. The mare draws barrier one and should get a nice run along the fence which should see her finishing off strongly over 1300m.
6. HALLDORA was game again last start when collared by Pinsson in the concluding stages over 1300m. Randy Tan rides and claims 1.5kg which will help the free-rolling filly.
1. NEW TIME drops in class significantly after having run three good races, each in Saturday grade. Maddison Brown claims 3kg off the nine-year-old's back and should be near the front for a long way.
8. CASH ON CALL is first up after trialling well recently at Lark Hill under Maddison Brown. William Pike takes over for raceday and the son of Vital Equine should be running on through the line.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 3-6-1-8
SUGGESTED BET: 3. Another Vision – WIN
Race 7 - 4:10pm Amelia Park Handicap (2200 Metres) – Full Field
1. DAGORLAD got caught three-wide last start and did not have any luck before finishing last of 11. There will be no such issue from barrier four and Randy Tan takes over riding duties. The son of Blackfriars will be right in betting.
4. POWER PACKED is on the quick six-day back-up after winning at Northam over 2200m. We may get a soft track and, if we do, the son of Trade Fair will relish it. Expect him to be running on.
9. DIPLOMAT EXPRESS is in good form after running two nice placings behind Dagorlad and Danehills Daughter respectively, and both at big odds. Today is the day for the gelding to show his best and, with Danehills Daughter coming out on Saturday and franking the form, he certainly can.
3. GINGER NINJA’s recent form has been excellent when winning two starts ago and running on strongly last start behind Dusty Storm. The last time the gelding had a month off between runs, he won.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 1-4-9-3
SUGGESTED BET: 1. Dagorlad – WIN & 4. Power Packed – WIN
Race 8 - 4:50pm 2017 Ascot Racing Carnival - Book Now Handicap (1650 Metres) – Full Field
7. SOMETHING BIG relaxed beautifully in the run last start with the blinkers coming off. From barrier one, Peter Knuckey can get cover and use the gelding's turn of foot in the straight if he settles. The son of Casino Prince should go well.
10. OORAH gets the blinkers off for the first time in her career. She ran fairly well last start behind Nightwatchman after running a blinder first up behind Stockyard Gossip. With the Visors going on, she should improve out to 1650m and appreciate the expected soft going.
2. AMBER'S DUKE won well last start in a maiden at Northam over 1600m. Being by Duke Of Marmalade, he may get better over further but this mile assignment looks to be right up his alley.
1. MIDNIGHT DRAMA shocked most when running an enormous race for second in the Listed Belmont Oaks at $101. Back down to 1600m is the query but the filly by Patronize clearly has good ability.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 7-10-2-1
SUGGESTED BET: 7. Something Big – WIN & 10. Oorah – WIN
HAVING A BET?
BEST BET: Race 6 – 3. Another Vision
BEST VALUE: Race 8 – 7. Something Big & 10. Oorah
Click here for the latest TABtouch betting markets.
Please remember to always gamble responsibly.