Expected weather: Showers easing 19°C
Expected track rating: SOFT5-SOFT7
Rail position: 0.5m from 400m-800m; true the remainder
Race 1 - 12:43pm Toll Handicap (1200 Metres) – Full Field
1. JUST MAGICAL was excellent on debut in Western Australia last start with a slashing third behind Meteoroid in harder grade. The 1.5kg claim is all important.
4. THE CELT ran well last start in equal grade and always finds the line well at Belmont.
2. CANDLELIGHT STAR is having his third run in as many Saturdays but this galloper goes better fresh. Was backed late last start though so respect that money.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 1-4-2
SUGGESTED BET: 1. Just Magical – WIN
Race 2 - 1:23pm Vale Roy Leonhardt Handicap (1000 Metres) – Full Field
9. SANTIAGO GAL won impressively in soft conditions last start. She will relish the softer conditions again and will have the last crack at the field in the straight.
2. SNOW LORD also trialled nicely in the soft recently. William Pike rides and this galloper is a real live chance.
3. IMPERIAL VENUS steps up in class but this galloper has a wicked turn of speed. The soft track is the query but he is in great form.
5. I AM INCREDIBLE needed cover last start and didn’t get it. This race is no easier but if he can settle, he should go well and attack the line strongly.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 9-2-3-5
SUGGESTED BET: 9. Santiago Gal – EACH WAY
Race 3 - 2:03pm James Boag's Premium Plate (1000 Metres) – Full Field
3. MY DEMI was impressive in the recent trial and appears to have improved significantly. He can lead all of the way here.
4. OKINA KURI hit the line nicely in his recent trial when eased down the last little bit. The son of Henny Hughes will be running on strongly from back in the field.
1. COGNAC is a tough galloper and is on the seven-day back-up after running a very honest third behind Mizlecki with the top weight of 59.5kg. He should make the pace and be hard to run down again.
5. TURBO POWER was scratched from an easier race for this so the horse must be going well. Inside draw suits.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 3-4-1-5
SUGGESTED BET: 3. My Demi – WIN
Race 4 - 2:38pm Tabtouch Handicap (1000 Metres) – Full Field
1. BORDER SCOT comes from a race where the form has held up very well. Will be aided by the claim of Fiona Bell.
3. BELLS TOWER is the likely leader and gets William Pike on. He stuck on well last start in the same race as Border Scot and, as previously mentioned, the form out of that race has held up.
5. VANDEMONIAN is in great form and lost no admirers last start when 6th of 11 and running on powerfully. Expect him to be prominent again.
2. CHERIE AMOUR has been running in great form recently. The seven-year-old mare will be hitting the line.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 1-3-5-2
SUGGESTED BET: 1. Border Scot – EACH WAY
Race 5 - 3:15pm Auto Classic Bmw Handicap (2200 Metres) – Full Field
2. JETOOMY won impressively last start and is going through his grades nicely. Very hard to beat.
7. DANEHILLS DAUGHTER’s last two wins have been impressive. Her turn of speed will be tested in the softer going but is an exciting prospect.
6. ELECTION won impressively two starts ago in the soft going. Will love the wet conditions and is one to watch.
4. CARALABEK should be fit and ready to go close here and don’t be surprised to see the son of Hala Bek get through the soft going easily.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 2-7-6-4
SUGGESTED BET: 6. Election – PLACE
Race 6 - 3:50pm J.J. Richards & Sons Handicap (1400 Metres) – Full Field
8. FIRE DETONATOR ran on strongly last start in the soft going behind Election. The son of Kendel Star is the one that screams out off the page and could be hard to beat here.
4. CHASING CHAOS will appreciate the soft going also so he could be a threat to Fire Detonator.
6. PHANTOM CHOICE is working towards showing his best and the soft track will suit the gelding. He is a rough chance and is one to include in multiples.
5. SLICK MOVER has been in great form at Kalgoorlie. Craig Wright has the son of He’s A Decoy low flying.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 8-4-6-5
SUGGESTED BET: 8. Fire Detonator – WIN
Race 7 - 4:25pm Belmont Classic (2200 Metres) – Full Field
1. GATTING is a 90-rater with the next best a 72-rater. Simply just wins at equal weights.
10. FONTAINEBLEAU won the Belmont Oaks impressively last start after a confident ride from Glenn Smith. She will be running on strongly again.
4. JACKPOT PRINCE ran on strongly last start into third in the Aquanita Stakes. He will be running on powerfully again and is a true stayer so the 2200m is a bonus.
11. ELEGANT BLAST ran on well last start in the Belmont Oaks despite wanting to lay in down the straight. Watch for her to be coming home strongly.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 1-10-4-11
SUGGESTED BET: 1. Gatting – WIN
Race 8 - 5:00pm Juicebox.Com.Au #Winnersindigital Handicap (1600 Metres) – Full Field
3. THUNDERCLAP NEWMAN is a noted wet-tracker and grows a leg in the soft. Second up is the query but he will relish the conditions.
7. LUKE'S GOLD has had nearly a month off since winning last start. The son of Fath be running on strongly and has won in the soft previously. Is certainly not the worst.
2. WAR GOD is in great form at the moment and rarely puts in a bad run. Respect his consistency.
13. UPTOWN FUNK in great form and is on the one-week back-up. The mare’s recent runs behind Profit Street, Galaxy Star, Majinika and State Solicitor ready very nicely.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 3-7-2-13
SUGGESTED BET: 3. Thunderclap Newman – EACH WAY
HAVING A BET?
BEST BET: Race 3 – 3. My Demi
BEST VALUE: Race 8 – 3. Thunderclap Newman
Click here for the latest TABtouch betting markets.
Please remember to always gamble responsibly.