Expected weather: Shower or two 19°C
Expected track rating: GOOD4
Rail position: 9m
Race 1 - 12:34pm The Tabtouch Masters 25 Nov-2 Dec-9 Dec Handicap (2100 Metres) – Full Field
OVERVIEW: In what looks to be a race in two between Gatting and Rosewood Hill, tactics will intrigue. Gatting could lead and control the race comfortably out in front but connections may not want to risk him having to lead the week before his main goal for his winter campaign, the Listed Belmont Classic (2200m). If Gatting doesn’t lead, Lord Conrad could take it up but there will be a few hoops looking around at each other for the first 200m. Expect the tempo to be slow unless a jockey on a rough chance wants to be adventurous and turn it into a staying test.
3. GATTING is on the seven-day back-up after being caught three-wide last week in the Listed Aquanita Stakes over 2000m. The son of Hard Spun was only beaten 1.25 lengths after covering plenty of extra ground. He showed in his WATC Derby preparation that he is tough when having 11 runs all the way from November 2016 through to April 2017, so the one-week back-up should suit.
4. ROSEWOOD HILL is another class runner which is also backing up off a seven-day break. The effort last start behind Jetoomy was good when running on for fourth but she will take improvement out of that run after having a three-week break prior. She has won recently on the back of three, six and seven-day back-ups. The daughter of Rothesay is the main danger to Gatting.
1. NORTH RIDGE ran an excellent race for fourth in the Group Three Strickland Stakes behind Scales Of Justice when beaten by under four lengths. Randy Tan’s 2kg claim is all important. The five-year-old could surprise.
5. DARK MUSKET will have a tough time getting into the top three but is one to throw in for fourth. He was simply outclassed in the Strickland but he gets into this race on better terms.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 3-4-1-5
SUGGESTED BET: 3. Gatting – WIN
Race 2 - 1:14pm Get The Tabtouch Plate (1200 Metres) – Full Field
OVERVIEW: Three last start winners come into the race but there are many in the event with genuine claims. Mizlecki and Pearl Trade both look to get perfect runs behind the speed which is more than likely to be made by Cognac and Salubrious.
7. MIZLECKI was disappointing when beaten last start as a short-priced favourite. In fact, the filly missed a top three finish if jumping too well and leading. She may not have handled the soft track so forgive that effort. The daughter of Lope De Vega looks to get the run of the race from barrier three.
8 PEARL TRADE was impressive when winning last start in midweek two-year-old grade. The daughter of Trade Fair draws the best she has in her career to date, in barrier two after, jumping from gates eight, seven and nine previously. She won’t be far away and will be running on from the box seat.
1. SALUBRIOUS is on the seven-day back-up after winning tenaciously last week when getting the better of the highly touted Ocean Jewel in the straight. The well-bred gelding is a very tough customer and the drop to 1200m is no disadvantage.
2. COGNAC is in search of four wins in a row after beating Salubrious two starts ago and Mizlecki last start. He has the credits in the bank and should be respected when analysing form. The stretch to 1200m is a small concern but he is tough and should be fit enough to see the trip out.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 7-8-1-2
SUGGESTED BET: 7. Mizlecki – WIN & 8. Pearl Trade – WIN
Race 3 - 1:54pm D'orsogna Handicap (1300 Metres) – Full Field
OVERVIEW: With the scratching of hot pot Galaxy Star, Profit Street and War God look to be the two to fight it out. Baraki Beats is the only natural leader in the race and will run along out in front at a genuine tempo.
1. PROFIT STREET has been in excellent form this preparation but is now forced to carry big weights in benchmark 72+ grade thanks to his rating of 84. The 2kg claim of Randy Tan down to 58kg is a handy relief and, with the winkers applied, can go well.
4. WAR GOD has run second at three of his last four outings and won the other of those four races two starts ago. He is in brilliant form and will be prominent in running again.
9. UPTOWN FUNK is one to throw in at each-way odds. Just go back to the effort first up, from this preparation, when she was only under two lengths away from the dynamic State Solicitor. An equal effort would see her running well into a top four finish.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 1-4-9
SUGGESTED BET: 1. Profit Street – WIN
Race 4 - 2:33pm Old Mate's Sports Bar & Eatery Handicap (1200 Metres) – Full Field
OVERVIEW: A fairly handy three-year-old race sees six of the 10 runners enter the event with either a first or second on their last start form. More Aces and A Knight Of Pro appear to be the speed runners but don’t be surprised to see High Conviction settle closer than usual from the good draw.
4. HIGH CONVICTION could not have been any more impressive last start in testing conditions. She was dragged back to last and sprinted home superbly well, especially her last 200m. The daughter of Snitzel looks hard to beat again.
2. ENCHANTED DREAM won the Magic Millions WA 3YO Trophy at her last start back in February where she beat the exceptional Ellicazoom. The filly’s recent trial was good for second when Jarrad Noske rode her up along the inside at Lark Hill over 950m before just easing her down in the concluding stages. The Ben Pearce-trained galloper is in for a nice preparation.
7. SHOW HONEY won impressively last start when victorious in one metropolitan win 62+ grade. The daughter of Showcasing gets in nicely with 53.5kg in what his her biggest test to date. She is able to upset the top two.
5. GET OVER IT is now with Lindsey Smith after a sensational preparation with Trevor Andrews where the gelding ran third in the Listed Belgravia Stakes behind Ellicazoom and beaten less than a length for fourth in the Listed Fairetha Stakes behind Saul’s Special. His run in the Group Two WA Guineas behind Variation was also an eye-catcher. A win would not surprise.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 4-2-7-5
SUGGESTED BET: 4. High Conviction – WIN
Race 5 - 3:10pm The Gate Bar & Bistro Leading Rider 2016/17 Hcp (1200 Metres) – Full Field
OVERVIEW: Bold Success looks to atone for punters after being beaten as favourite at three of his past four starts. Belter will be prominent in running from barrier two and expect speed from Sharpbob, Tranquilla Sunrise, Kronstadt and Pirate’s Fortune also.
1. BELTER looks to get a very nice run from barrier two and Steven Parnham can decide whether he takes a sit behind the speed or leads. The only concern is the 59kg on his back but he is fit and ready.
9. BOLD SUCCESS was brave last start when narrowly beaten by Show Honey. He will be running on strongly second up and will be one of the leading chances in betting.
4. ATLANTA BLUE stuck on gamely last start behind Show Honey and Bold Success. With the wide draw, expect a cold ride from the in-form Mitch Pateman and for the four-year-old to hit the line strongly.
3. SHARPBOB is in outstanding form at the moment. He was third last start when 3.25 lengths behind Galaxy Star reads well for a race such as this. He will be near the speed and for a long way.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 1-9-4-3
SUGGESTED BET: 4. Atlanta Blue – PLACE
Race 6 - 3:45pm Inglis Bloodstock Leading Trainer 2016/17 Hcp (1650 Metres) – Full Field
OVERVIEW: The two 1600m one metropolitan win races from a fortnight ago are the key form lines when analyising this race. Election and Nelson’s Flight won those races respectively in soft conditions. The tempo will come from Travellin’ and Nelson’s Flight. Cruachan and By Decree will not be far away in what should be a genuinely run affair.
6. GOMER WIPPLE has a scintillating turn of speed and can settle close enough to be challenging on straightening. He is a lovely gelding which may have a bright future ahead.
7. NELSON'S FLIGHT is a tough on-speed gelding which has come a long way this preparation. He seems to get backed heavily before each start but the punters have collected handsomely on a couple of occasions. He will be on-speed and, with William Pike staying on, he should get every possible chance.
9. INDI PACIFIC ploughed through the soft going last start behind Election to run second after settling in last position. She will be running on strongly again and is not far away from a Saturday win.
3. CRUACHAN just didn’t handle the soft track last start and will appreciate getting on to firmer footing. He was impressive first up at Northam and should be able to go on with it.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 6-7-9-3
SUGGESTED BET: 6. Gomer Wipple – WIN
Race 7 - 4:20pm Beaufine Stakes (1000 Metres) – Full Field
OVERVIEW: First Among Equals carries the penalty of 61kg in this quality event. The speed will be on with Agachar Cruz, Delicate Miss, It’s It and potentially Lockroy all pushing forward. First Among Equals stands out but 61kg first up is a fair impost.
1. FIRST AMONG EQUALS is the class of the race and has the runs on the board, thus carrying the maximum 61kg. His most recent start was in The Goodwood at Group One level when beaten only four lengths by Vega Magic. That should be enough for punters to have confidence to back him.
11. WOOLIBAR is a runner which will get back and run on. With the speed expected, he can certainly feature in the finish and gets in on the minimum with 54kg. The Ben Pearce-trained gelding will be coming home fast.
10. PRETENTIOUS CHANT won nicely last start and proved that he does have a bit of class about him. Whether he is up to a few of his rivals in this is yet to be seen but he will be flashing home late.
7. IT'S IT will run them along out in front and give plenty of cheek. Recent form at Belmont over 1000m has been exceptional and he is right up to this.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 1-11-10-7
SUGGESTED BET: 1. First Among Equals – WIN
Race 8 - 4:57pm WA Bookmakers Assoc. Leading Apprentice 2016/17 (1400 Metres) – full field
OVERVIEW: A tough race to finish the day at Belmont Park with varying form lines and differing levels of ability to line up. Speed in the race will come from Fathnoxious and New Time and they should bowl along at good even tempo.
9. FRIARESQUE is on the quick one-week back-up after winning very impressively last week. This horse is fourth up over 1400m and should be rock hard fit to go close again.
11. ROYAL MISSILE ran on strongly last start behind the very good Galaxy Star. If she is on her way back into form, she should be going close to winning the race.
12. BUSTER'S SHADOW was excellent last start when first up after a year away from racing. The son of Oratorio looks to have come back well and found the line strongly. From barrier five, he will get a lovely cart up into the race.
2. MOSSERATTI has never missed a place when second up and two of his four wins have come at Belmont. He had an excellent preparation last time in and, if he has improved, he should be running well here.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 9-11-12-2
SUGGESTED BET: 12. Buster’s Shadow – PLACE
HAVING A BET?
BEST BET: Race 6 – 6. Gomer Wipple
BEST VALUE: Race 8 – 12. Buster’s Shadow
Click here for the latest TABtouch betting markets.
Please remember to always gamble responsibly.