Expected weather: Partly cloudy 29°C
Expected track rating: GOOD4
Rail position: 6m
Race 1 - 1:25PM IL PANINO BAKERY MAIDEN (1200 METRES) – FULL FIELD
12. INIMITABLE is a nice filly by Rogano which is having her third career start. Barrier one is the main appeal for backing the filly. In her two starts to date, she has jumped from barrier nine and seven and was not disgraced on either occasion at Pinjarra. She will get the run of the race from the good draw.
13. HIGH CALYPSO put in a tough on-speed performance on debut when beaten by You Know What I Mean at Pinjarra over the 1000m straight course. Drawn well again, she can be near the speed and fight out the finish.
9. KIM'S CALL showed plenty of ability last start with thanks to quiet ride from Shaun Meeres, last start. Meeres followed the eventual winner, Victorious Lad, and picked off runs in the straight. A repeat effort would see her go close.
2. HURRICANE JACK is first up with no trial but the strong form behind Lusaha, Blackline, Master Magician and Very Tempting should hold the colt by Snitzel in good stead.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 12-13-9-2
SUGGESTED BET: 12. Inimitable – EACH WAY
Race 2 - 2:00PM D'ORSOGNA ITALIAN DAY - 20 MAY HANDICAP (1000 METRES) – FULL FIELD
4. KAAPANDER was game to the line when nosing out Bells Tower first up. He looks to have found a bit of grit this preparation and is drawn to get another soft run in the race. With the step up in grade, Aaron Mitchell’s 1.5kg claim is key.
5. AEROZINE led up a handy field last start six days ago which included Snow Lord and Tenterden and was by no means disgraced. This is a much easier assignment and he should be in the finish at each-way odds.
1. RECOILED would be odds on favourite if he was at his very best. He gets in well with the claim of Shelby Bowtell and will appreciate the drop in class and distance to 1000m. A big chance if 100 per cent.
2. WAR IN PARIS trialled well recently behind Detango and King Louie. William Pike rode her in the trial and sticks on for raceday. She races her best when fresh so watch for a positive ride and for her to be there for a long way.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 4-5-1-2
SUGGESTED BET: 4. Kaapander – WIN & 5. Aerozine – WIN
Race 3 - 2:30PM JAMES BOAG'S PREMIUM HANDICAP (1100 METRES) – FULL FIELD
3. GLIMMER GIRL was brilliant when winning last start over 1000m with the blinkers on. She will settle handier, just off Hoboken and Kramden, and should track into the race perfectly.
9. KING OF CHAOS was a touch slow away last start and found traffic for the majority of the straight behind Floyd and Delaney. He got out late and managed run on strongly to only be beaten by under two lengths. Out an extra 100m suits. Senior rider Jason Whiting takes the ride which will also suit as the gelding wanted to lay in when he got clear in the straight. Big chance at big odds.
1. SWEET ORA ran fairly last start. Considering she was against the older horses, it was worthy of a pass mark. Back to three-year-old grade suits, despite having to carry top weight. Barrier one will see her lob in the box seat.
2. NEXT GENERATION is in great form. The gelding which has promised a lot is starting to put it altogether. The good draw will see him settle about fifth or six and has the turn of speed to be a threat.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 3-9-1-2
SUGGESTED BET: 9. King Of Chaos – PLACE
Race 4 - 3:00PM MUMM CHAMPAGNE HANDICAP (1600 METRES) – FULL FIELD
4. BERGIO does his best work over 1400m but his form this time in has been excellent. The win two starts ago at Bunbury was painless before his strong run-on effort last start behind Politics. Pike on adds punter confidence.
3. TONKATUFF was exemplary last start when winning after pulling in the run. Ryan Hill gave the son of Therock a gem of a ride and can do the same from barrier seven in this race. He should handle the step up in class.
7. TUCKY'S LAD was brilliant when winning last start. He was three-wide with cover but fought to the line well under the hard riding of Brad Parnham. The son of Oratorio has always shown an above average level of ability and he may just be putting it altogether now.
8. BLACK FREDA was good first up over 1400m. Will need every bit of the 1600m and potentially further this preparation. Chris Parnham gets the plum draw in barrier and will be thereabouts in the finish.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 4-3-7-8
SUGGESTED BET: 7. Tucky’s Lad – PLACE
Race 5 - 3:40PM GET THE TABTOUCH HANDICAP (1200 METRES) – FULL FIELD
2. SWIFT PLATINUM was a little bit tardy away last start in a much tougher Saturday three-year-old race behind Glimmer Girl, Snow Lord and Dainty Tess. He threw his head in the air after about 100m and was then disappointed for a run in the straight. For good measure, he was flicked on the nose with another rider’s whip at the 100m mark. He had plenty of excuses and should be able to improve down in class.
6. YOUNG GINA’s only start back in November 2016 was a dazzling debut. The son of Duporth came from the rear of the field, over 1216m, to blitz a moderate maiden field. Pike rides and he will have improved during his break.
5. RADIANT GIRL promised so much at the beginning of the preparation but has delivered very little. Back to class three, she gets every possible chance in a winnable race.
9. MEGA MINX’s effort was full of merit last start behind Next Generation in a Saturday three-year-old race. Swift Platinum beat her by eight lengths last preparation but she has improved since then.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 2-6-5-9
SUGGESTED BET: 2. Swift Platinum – WIN
Race 6 - 4:10PM HEINEKEN 3 HANDICAP (1200 METRES) – FULL FIELD
9. FLOYD won impressively last start after Jarrad Noske decided to take the gelding back to near last and come around the entire field. This is his biggest test yet but, if he is 100% right, he will be hard to beat.
11. MY GRACE hit the line well last start behind Next Generation and looks to measure up well against the older horses on paper.
2. TRAVELLIN' missed the kick last start when first up which put paid to his chances. Second up and back to 1200m should see him lead under apprentice Tayla Stone and be one of the frontrunners to catch.
1. JUST ACT NATURAL will jump and run and be the other leader with Travellin’. Depending on how much pressure is applied by Travellin’, he can stick on to play a part in the finish.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 9-11-2-1
SUGGESTED BET: 2. Travellin’ – PLACE
Race 7 - 4:45PM W.A. SIRES' PRODUCE STAKES (1400 METRES) – FULL FIELD
6. LUCY MAE was so tough when winning the Karrakatta Plate last start. Her pedigree suggests that 1400m shouldn’t be a query as she possesses stakes-winners which won over 1400m and 1600m on her dam’s side. Her toughness will see her finish top three.
1. DEBELLATIO was the eye-catcher in the Karrakatta. Another two strides and he would have won the two-year-old feature. Barrier nine is a concern as he will either need to be dragged back to last and hope for a good speed set out in front or be caught three-wide, like in the Perth Stakes, which did not end well. On class and ability, he has to be considered.
7. KISS BANG LOVE was unlucky in the concluding stages of the Karrakatta. She has drawn the widest of the 11 runners which is not ideal but with luck, cover and speed up front, she can be in the finish.
3. PURE GEM ran poorly in the Karrakatta but this race has been the aim for connections this preparation. He had excuses in the Karrakatta after tracking wide and at the rear of the field. The better draw here will help him to finish off with a sharper sprint.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 6-1-7-3
SUGGESTED BET: 6. Lucy Mae – WIN
Race 8 - 5:15PM FIFTH LEG HANDICAP (2100 METRES) – FULL FIELD
8. OUTSPOKEN DUKE was found in betting last start but could only manage an even run-on fifth. Troy Turner will settle the gelding closer in running this time, from the better draw, and should be in the finish.
4. MISS MEIKA is super consistent mare but doesn’t win out of turn. Without a doubt though, she will finish top three.
1. REEF KEEPER won his maiden impressively last start when second up over 2000m. The three-year-old comes up against some more seasoned gallopers but looks to possess a stack of ability. Top weight is the only concern.
2. BOOMA LACKA is still a maiden but is creeping closer towards a well-deserved maiden win. Expect him to be running on from the rear.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 8-4-1-2
SUGGESTED BET: 8. Outspoken Duke – PLACE
HAVING A BET?
BEST BET: Race 5 – 2. Swift Platinum
BEST VALUE: Race 3 – 9. King Of Chaos
Click here for the latest TABtouch betting markets.
Please remember to always gamble responsibly.