Expected weather: Mostly sunny 27°C
Expected track rating: GOOD4
Rail position: 6m
Race 1 - 12:29PM AMELIA PARK PLATE (1100 METRES) – FULL FIELD
4. FOXY PRINCESS was only beaten under four lengths in the Karrakatta which is the strongest two-year-old form line. From the good draw, she will be very hard to beat.
9. VEXILLOID is a first starter for Fred Kersley. She is a daughter of Rogano, just like recent winner Resistance which is also trained by Kersley, and the stock are flying. Her trials suggested that she has bright future which begins here.
7. SHELLYLOUSAN made up a lot of ground in a recent trial. She clocked a fast time along with trial winner Chisano. Her first start will be a learning experience but she will win races.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 4-9-7
SUGGESTED BET: 4. Foxy Princess – WIN
Race 2 - 1:09PM TABTOUCH MAIDEN (1400 METRES) – FULL FIELD
13. ALLUME LE FEU is a first starter for Fred Kersley which found the line nicely in a recent trial. Drawn in barrier one, she will follow the rail and sneak up along the inside to run well.
9. VITAL TOUCH has been knocking on the door. She has drawn well again and hopefully can go one better for trainer Vince Cavallaro.
8. KIMBO'S GIRL has only missed a place twice from her 10-start career. She will be running top three again and is obviously enjoying her racing considering she is on the six-day back-up.
1. RONBOY is unlucky to still be a maiden. 1400m is a concern but he is trained by one of the leading training combinations in the country.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 13-9-8-1
SUGGESTED BET: 13. Allume Le Feu – EACH WAY
Race 3 - 1:49PM LAVAZZA HANDICAP (1800 METRES) – FULL FIELD
1. PUSHIN' SHAPES was a brilliant winner last week over 1600m. The one-week back-up is of no concern and he should be suited out to 1800m. He looks to be a serious galloper moving forward.
3. TOUCH OF SILVER is another very talented and progressive galloper. He was wide all of the way last start in a class five but was far too good for his opposition. This is his biggest test yet but he should measure up quite comfortably. Watch for him next preparation too.
6. BREAK THE CHAIN is still a maiden but you have to include him after his eye-catching fifth last week over 1500m. 1800m and beyond will be his go.
4. ROYAL SUPREME had to make a sustained run from the 600m mark last start and was found wanting the last bit of the race. He will get an easier run in transit and should be nearby in the finish.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 1-3-6-4
SUGGESTED BET: 1. Pushin’ Shapes – WIN
Race 4 - 2:29PM YELLOWGLEN HANDICAP (1600 METRES) – FULL FIELD
9. BARRY'S RABBIT was hampered in the final 200m last start when sixth behind Tucky’s Lad and Red Glow, at Pinjarra. With the sped expected, from Maximus Mak, he should be running home strongly from last.
2. REGAL ROGUE is a very honest mare which doesn’t win out of turn. Her consistent form suggests that she will run top three again.
4. ENTRECHAT is third up and ready to show her best. She probably needs a little bit further but she should be fit enough to run a good race.
7. MAXIMUS MAK will bowl along in front. He had excuses last start when the inexperienced apprentice struggled to rate him in front. Expect vast improvement.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 9-2-4-7
SUGGESTED BET: 9. Barry’s Rabbit – WIN
Race 5 - 3:09PM J.J. RICHARDS & SONS HANDICAP (1500 METRES) – FULL FIELD
3. REGAL CLASS was a devastating winner last start and comfortably held Reveille to the line. She meets Reveille worse at the weights but looked to have enough improvement to come to beat her again.
9. REVEILLE has plenty of ability and will win races over further. She just runs into one which looks to have her measure.
7. KLEVA KEZZA is a big filly with a good pedigree on her side. Her all-the-way win in maiden company last start was devastating. She will lead and should be able to run in the top three.
2. SOMETHING BIG is a large animal which still does plenty wrong in the run. He won his maiden last start on raw ability. Young trainer Neville Parker would have worked hard to harness the gelding’s racing manner.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 3-9-7-2
SUGGESTED BET: 3. Regal Class – WIN
Race 6 - 3:45PM VALE IRENE LUGG HANDICAP (1400 METRES) – FULL FIELD
9. OUR MATE AL is a backmarker and a great each-way play in a race which looks to possess a stack of speed, on paper. He will be hanging out at the back of the field waiting to unleash. Clint Johnston-Porter’s claim is a key advantage.
7. BOLLYWOOD BLITZ won nicely last start in a race marred by a bad fall. Pike stays on which is a strong lead suggesting that the horse is going well.
5. DANEFIN has had a nice freshen up since winning back on Saturday 4 February. He has also trialled well since. He’ll be getting home hard with thanks to the solid speed.
8. THE COBBLA was tough and game last start when second behind Ripper Rio. With cover here, he can play a part in the finish.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 9-7-5-8
SUGGESTED BET: 9. Our Mate Al – EACH WAY
Race 7 - 4:20PM OLD COMRADE STAKES (1600 METRES) – FULL FIELD
2. GREAT SHOT gets his best chance to beat Man Booker with thanks to a massive weight advantage. He will lead and be the one to run down.
1. MAN BOOKER is hard to knock and continues to overcome adversities. His flawless record this preparation suggests that he will be the one to beat.
9. NORTH RIDGE gets the blinkers on for the first time in his career as a five-year-old. His last start effort was good when narrowly held out for third in the Listed Grandstand Cup. A place chance.
8. INFATHUATED rises swiftly in class but drops a lot in weight which will suit the solid son of Fath. He will sit outside of Great Shot and be there for a long way.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 2-1-9-8
SUGGESTED BET: 2. Great Shot – WIN
Race 8 - 4:55PM PEACOCK BROS HANDICAP (2200 METRES) – FULL FIELD
5. COULEUR BIZARRE had no luck three starts back when Matthieu Autier found traffic and his last two starts were sound when forced to punch the breeze. With a cushier run from the insider draw, he should be able to dash home.
3. PROXY has drawn inside and, on last start, he should be able to feature in the finish. The risk with the horse is that he has a tendency to over-race. Let’s hope Alan Mathews has taught him to settle.
7. STRIKING STAR will be fifth up and fit and ready to run well. Joseph Azzopardi will settle in behind the speed and produce the gelding in the straight. There is a win in him this preparation.
8. HARPOON is a really nice mare which has very good staying ability. With the right run from barrier seven, she can produce her best.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 5-3-7-8
SUGGESTED BET: 5. Couleur Bizarre – EACH WAY
HAVING A BET?
BEST BET: Race 1 – 4. Foxy Princess
BEST VALUE: Race 6 – 9. Our Mate Al
Click here for the latest TABtouch betting markets.
Please remember to always gamble responsibly.