Expected weather: Shower or two clearing 22°C
Expected track rating: GOOD4
Rail position: 3M
Race 1 - 1:14PM TABTOUCH HANDICAP (1600 METRES) – FULL TIME
8. TERROR FORCE ran a nice third last start behind the in-form Material Man which has since won the Listed Bunbury AHA Cup. With a soft run in transit and Jerry Noske on, he can run a nice race at each-way odds.
1. INFATHUATED will have his third run in as many Saturdays. Back out to 1600m suits after running on strongly off a hot speed. The Justin Warwick stable is just starting to sprout wings.
3. SAKER’s first up effort was good but he was never going to be a real factor over 1200m. Out to 1600m is ideal and he should be around the mark.
4. FATHNOXIOUS led and won all of the way last start. She was found to have low grade exertion heat illness after the race which shows that she is still a trier and wants to race.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 8-1-3-4
SUGGESTED BET: 8. Terror Force – EACH WAY
Race 2 - 1:54PM SEACORP HANDICAP (1600 METRES) – FULL TIME
10. STORM DANCER has run on well at his last three starts. The natural progression out to 1600m should suit the son of Musket.
4. BOLD SUCCESS should get cover in the race unlike last start when forced to breeze outside of Wrinkly. He will be finishing off strongly over 1600m.
9. KINGDOM AND EMPIRE comes to this tougher assignment after being nominated for an easier race on St Patrick’s Raceday. He looked to have every possible chance last start but was not suited back to 1400m after running at 1500m the start before. Out to 1600m here is a big plus.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 10-4-9
SUGGESTED BET: 4. Bold Success – WIN & 10 Storm Dancer – WIN
Race 3 - 2:35PM MUMM CHAMPAGNE HANDICAP (1000 METRES) – FULL TIME
7. RHI'S ROCKET has been off the scene for over a year but returns after overcoming a tendon injury and being gelded. He trialled well recently despite falling over himself when the barriers opened. He picked himself up and cruised to the line in a 600m trial at Pinjarra.
2. WOOLIBAR went keenly out near the front last start. The blinkers come off which should help him to settle better and find the line.
1. MIGHTY BLONDE is a 1000m specialist and is drawn to get every possible chance. As always, one for the exotics.
5. TENTERDEN is looking for four wins on the trot. Peter Hall will try to lead again and pinch the race.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 7-2-1-5
SUGGESTED BET: 3. Dusty Storm – PLACE & 8. Faerie Whisper – EACH WAY
Race 4 - 3:10PM PERTH STAKES (1100 METRES) – FULL TIME
3. DEBELLATIO looks to be a supreme colt and the best male two-year-old. They will either go back from barrier 10 or try to get cover three-wide and round the rest up in the home straight.
1. KEEPER KEEN was game in the Supremacy Stakes but once again he finds himself giving weight to his rivals. He will get every possible chance again.
6. SOUNDCHECK’s effort in the Supremacy was sound but he looked as though more ground will suit. 1100m is ideal as is the 1200m of the Karrakatta.
4. REYKJAVIK found the line like a good horse last start when winning. This is a big step up in class but the colt looks to have all of the attributes to match it with the top line of two-year-olds.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 3-1-6-4
SUGGESTED BET: 3. Debellatio – WIN
Race 5 - 3:45PM NATASHA STAKES (2200 METRES) – FULL TIME
2. JUST LIKE FIRE found the line nicely last start in the Ascot 1000 Guineas when third. Shaun O’Donnell was easy on her in the last little bit as he lost his whip. Out to 2200m suits.
4. FONTAINEBLEAU had to do a bit of extra work in the Ascot 1000 Guineas but this girl knows how to find the line. Every possible from barrier one.
3. VERY TEMPTING was one of the best runs in the Ascot 1000 Guineas. She finished fifth on that occasion but showed good staying ability. Another which will appreciate the extra 400m in the Natasha Stakes.
5. ROYAL STAR is a run behind this preparation but William Pike chooses to ride her over Very Tempting which must be respected.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 2-4-3-5
SUGGESTED BET: 2. Just Like Fire - WIN
Race 6 - 4:25PM PENFOLDS HANDICAP (1400 METRES) – FULL TIME
6. GALAXY STAR is the best of the day. Many punters won’t be forgiving though after getting too far back last start and being beaten as a $1.35 favourite. Get it all back here, punters.
3. PUSHIN' SHAPES looks the obvious quinella horse after winning impressively at Bunbury last start. That was only his second win but the $150,200 in prizemoney he has banked suggests that he is better than two wins form 17 starts.
4. FORSEEN sprung the gates last start and was not for catching. Colin Webster said that he is a much superior horse over 1400m, proven by his 1400m record (13:5-0-1).
8. MAIN INSTIGATOR stood in the barrier last start and missed the jump by three lengths. That has to be taken into consideration after only losing by three lengths. Give another chance.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 6-3-4-8
SUGGESTED BET: 6. Galaxy Star – WIN
Race 7 - 5:00PM GIMCRACK STAKES (1100 METRES) – FULL TIME
2. SEANNIE treated her rivals with contempt last start in the Supremacy Stakes after missing the start. She jumps from barrier 12 which isn’t ideal but she won her debut when three-wide with cover which should give punters some confidence when backing her. Just wins.
3. VERY ANGRY GAL is the stablemate of Seannie and was very impressive on Christmas Eve. Her trial since was good and in a sharp time of 61.50. She will be closer in the run than her stablemate. Let’s see how much the filly has improved…
1. LUCY MAE was tough when winning the Magic Millions 3YO Trophy at Pinjarra. She sat on the speed and was headed but dug in to fight out the finish and find the line in first. She will make her own luck so respect her chances.
11. RESISTANCE debuted last start behind Reykjavik and was not disgraced after covering extra ground in the run. Ben Paterson can lead from barrier four and pinch a bit of black type for connections and the filly’s pedigree page.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 2-3-1-11
SUGGESTED BET: 2. Seannie – WIN
Race 8 - 5:35PM GET THE TABTOUCH HANDICAP (2200 METRES) – FULL TIME
12. CULVERIN found the line well last start when second up. Third up over 2200m looks ideal for the mare which has drawn perfectly in barrier one.
4. BLACK MOMENT is trained by Kalgoorlie trainer Peter Fernie and comes to Ascot after running a brilliant third in the Esperance Cup. Senior rider going on is a positive.
8. BLACKWOOD is third up over 2200m just like stablemate Culverin. Despite the form guide not reading well, her efforts were both sound over unsuitable trips. She gets extra ground in the race and should be a factor.
7. WAR KSAR’s last two runs behind Toppa Dawozza and Eleven Second were both very strong. He is finding the line well this campaign and should not be overlooked despite having drawn wide. He will be running on.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 12-4-8-7
SUGGESTED BET: 12. Culverin – EACH WAY
HAVING A BET?
BEST BET: Race 6 – 6. Galaxy Star
BEST VALUE: Race 8 – 12. Culverin
Click here for the latest TABtouch betting markets.
Please remember to always gamble responsibly.