Expected weather: Sunny 34°C
Expected track rating: GOOD4
Rail position: 3 metres
Race 1 - 12:49PM GET THE TABTOUCH MAIDEN (1000 METRES) – FULL FIELD
5. JUST LIKE THAT comes into this race first up after two sound trials. If she can emulate the same form which saw her run well behind Great Shot and Airlie Sun and beat home Rosmartini, she should be hard to beat.
1. YOU NO WHAT I MEAN is having his second career start after debuting in July 2016 at Pinjarra. That maiden effort was fair but the recent trial win was good and run in solid time which suggests that he has improved since then. The in-form Shaun McGruddy rides and has a big day ahead of him.
3. MAGNIFLYING was found in betting on debut back in November 2016 at Bunbury when sent out as $3.50 favourite. He led and knocked up on that occasion but was slow to recover after the race and was found to be sore. He has since been gelded and his 800m trial win leading into this was everything trainer Damian Miller would have wanted to see. A strong chance.
9. JUST JUDE was doing her best work late last start when sixth behind the very smart Regal Moon. Back to 1000m is the query but there does look to be enough speed in the race to allow her to finish the race off strongly.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 5-1-3-9
SUGGESTED BET: 9. Just Jude – EACH WAY
Race 2 - 1:29PM JULIAN SULLIVAN FAREWELL HANDICAP (1000 METRES) – FULL FIELD
3. UNDISCLOSED is the fastest galloper in the race but has been known to have leg issues. Trust that trainer Colin Webster has her fit and ready and she should get back to winning ways from barrier two.
1. ATACAMA SKY receives the services of gun young front-running apprentice Sarah Bonner. She will have to bring the gelding over to lead from barrier nine but he is back to 1000m which is his pet distance. If looking through the form guide, forgive last start after being caught three-wide, on-speed and without cover. He is of course a brother to Man Booker and up and coming two-year-old Achernar Star.
2. BELTER was ridden by Jarrad Noske two starts ago and just missed out on the prize behind Dainty Tess so we know that he is up to this and can mix it with this group of three-year-olds. Last start was very good too when he matched motors with rising start Salorsci before just fading late to be only beaten by a length. He is a leading chance in what is a very good race on paper.
5. CODE VIOLATION is on the one-week backup after contesting the Magic Millions 3YO WA Trophy (1200m) at Pinjarra. He led them up on that occasion but ran out of condition late. Back to 1000m, Lindsey Smith would not have done much with him during the week and he will lead for much of the way.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 3-1-2-5
SUGGESTED BET: 3. Undisclosed - WIN
Race 3 - 2:09PM MUMM CHAMPAGNE HANDICAP (1200 METRES) – FULL FIELD
1. KEY TO FAME is another Simon Miller runner that gets the services of apprentice Sarah Bonner. This is another on-pace galloper which will roll to the front and be hard to catch. The son of Al Maher has been screaming out to win one of these races this preparation and this looks ideal for him.
10. GALAXY STAR is the one to beat but the track may favour runners closer to the speed. She will get back from barrier five and run on strongly as she did when winning last start in a midweek class one. The four-year-old is the best in the race but will go around under the odds due to William Pike riding.
5. JINGTANG ran fast late sectionals last start in the same race as Key To Fame when Danefin won. The run before that was very good behind the smart Shady Gray too. Watch for him to flash home late.
6. CARD KNIGHT is a gelding which has a bit more ability than his record suggests. The first up run was very good when taken back to near last and allowed to balance up and run on. He will be fitter second up and should get the suck run from barrier two.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 1-10-5-6
SUGGESTED BET: 1. Key To Fame – EACH WAY
Race 4 - 2:49PM AUTUMN ASCOT RACING CARNIVAL HANDICAP (1000 METRES) – FULL FIELD
6. JUST ACT NATURAL is back to 1000m which suits even though he won last start over 1208m. He should just jump, run and lead all of the way. There does look to be other solid speed around him but he should clear out early.
1. MARCHAND goes very well first up. He has not trialled leading into this so trust that the Harveys have him spot on for this race. Aaron Mitchell rides from the good draw and is flying. The youngster will not be an apprentice for much longer.
3. SEEKER has shaken his "fresh horse only" tag after winning his last two races impressively up the Pinjarra straight. On the quick one-week backup suggests that Lou Luciani has the gelding going the best he has ever had him and in-form apprentice Kate Witten keeps the ride.
4. MIGHTY BLONDE is a 1000m specialist. The seven-year-old's best runs have been over 1000m so back in distance from 1100m suits. She'll be finishing off strongly over the hot speed.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 6-1-3-4
SUGGESTED BET: 1. Marchand – EACH WAY
Race 5 - 3:25PM PRO RATA CLUB MEMBERSHIP HANDICAP (1600 METRES) – FULL FIELD
2. POINT finally gets back out to 1600m. Pike should get a dream run from barrier four and settle in a more forward position than usual. Expect this gelding to show his best.
9. SONNEN ran enormous first up after being caught three-wide and on the speed. He usually runs well second up as a rule and with only 53.5kg on his back, expect another good run.
10. BACHELORS PROSPECT showed last start that 1800m may have just been beyond him despite tracking wide for part of the race. Back to 1600m suits and he should be finishing off well with the solid tempo expected.
12. CELTIC WIZARD couldn’t get a run in an easier race on Wednesday so comes to this tougher assignment but gets the plum draw of barrier one. He has been racing well this campaign and should get the run of the race from the good draw.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 2-9-10-12
SUGGESTED BET: 9. Sonnen – EACH WAY
Race 6 - 4:00PM CYRIL FLOWER STAKES (1200 METRES) – FULL FIELD
6. RED ORA carried top weight of 59kg in this same race last year and now only has to carry 54.5kg with in-form hoop Chris Parnham aboard. He wasn’t quite right in the winter but his first up run, this preparation, suggests that he is back as good as he once was. The weight swing on key rivals is the big key.
2. DURENDAL is yet to run a bad race since coming to Western Australia, he is also yet to win though. The ex-Victorian had to do a lot of work in the run last start and did a good job to hang on for second, beaten only a length. He has drawn well here, in gate two, and should be afforded every possible chance.
3. DREAM LIFTER is primed for a third up assault at this very winnable race. Barrier three for Mitchell Pateman is ideal and he gets on with this seven-year-old so well. He won this race last year and it won't surprise many if he wins it again.
1. DIVINE CALLING showed his class last start when winning the Listed Scenic Blast Stakes with 59kg on his back. That was his first run in Western Australia but he has to carry an extra 1.5kg which will be a big ask. However, his class should take him a long way towards winning this.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 6-2-3-1
SUGGESTED BET: 6. Red Ora – EACH WAY
Race 7 - 4:35PM CHALLENGE STAKES (1500 METRES) – FULL FIELD
2. RAGAZZO D'ORO was terribly unlucky last start when strangled back to last and forced to sit three-wide. There will be no such issues from barrier one where Patrick Carbery should be able to sit behind the leader and pounce in the straight. Remember, he ran third in the WA Guineas and beat some very handy types.
9. PRECIOUS MEMORIES flashed home late last start, behind Salorsci, over 1200m. Out to 1500m won't be an issue and Jerry Noske knows how to ride this talented filly.
12. GLIMMER GIRL has had a 1400m trial since winning a class three over 1100m back on Wednesday 19 January. The trial was soft but team Williams should have her ready to run out a strong 1500m. Brad Parnham rides from the good draw of three.
14. REGAL MOON will be ridden by William Pike but may be the filly to follow heading towards the WA Oaks. She will likely sit midfield and run on strongly.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 2-9-12-14
SUGGESTED BET: 2. Ragazzo D’Oro – EACH WAY
Race 8 - 5:14PM STONE MOTHERLESS AFTER THE LAST HANDICAP (1400 METRES) – FULL FIELD
9. MAJINIKA was impressive last start but steps up in class again. He has drawn well in barrier one and should get the run of the race behind the leader with only 54.5kg on his back. The five-year-old still has some improvement to come.
5. CANDLELIGHT STAR has drawn perfectly out in nine. If Jerry Noske can get cover in the three-wide line, he will be very hard to beat.
6. SETTLERS CREEK finally broke through last start for a much deserved win after a string of second placings. He has drawn well here and will not have any excuses. A winning hope once again.
7. BARAKI BEATS has turned the corner (or so it seems) for Jim Taylor and Ryan Hill after winning his last two start. They will lead again and try to run the rest ragged. He is in great form so it is hard to ignore him.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 9-5-6-7
SUGGESTED BET: 9. Majinika - WIN
HAVING A BET?
BEST BET: Race 8 – 9. Majinika
BEST VALUE: Race 7 – 2. Ragazzo D’Oro
Click here for the latest TABtouch betting markets.
Please remember to always gamble responsibly.