Expected weather: Sunny 30°C
Expected track rating: GOOD4
Race 1 - 12:42PM SALINGER HANDICAP (1100 METRES) – FULL FIELD
1. GOLDEN TRIGGER showed a lot of ability at his first preparation and is set to get the run of the race here after drawing barrier three. He is unlucky to still be a maiden but he should be beating these quite comfortably.
3. UNCLE CON became detached from the field last start but picked up well to run on through the line. He should not be taken lightly.
6. PEARL TRADE is a first starter from the Alan Mathews yard which trialled well recently behind Golden Trigger. Mathews rarely gets two-year-olds to the races so this filly must be very forward. Respect the trainer.
2. COOL INTRIGUE is probably a rung below the good Saturday two-year-olds but can go forward here and be the one to run down. A good each-way hope.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 1-3-6-2
SUGGESTED BET: 3. Uncle Con – EACH WAY
Race 2 - 1:17PM GET THE TABTOUCH MAIDEN (1000 METRES) – FULL FIELD
8. COOL CULTURE is a first starter from the Jim Taylor yard that has had two preparations prior to this, much like Carocapo which won on debut only recently. The latest trials suggest that Jason Brown will jump her out of the barriers and try to lead all of the way.
9. LUCKY LINDA LULU is another first starter but, this time, from the Brett Pope yard. The recent trial up the Pinjarra straight was solid and she only has to carry 52kg on raceday with thanks to Mollie Clark’s claim.
3. MERVYN had to do a lot of work on top of the speed last start at Albany and was beaten by Recapitulate, which was afforded the run on the race. This gelding toughed it out well and should race better here with a bit of cover.
10. ROGUE EMPRESS is a filly by Rogano which is another having her first start. She found the line nicely in her recent trial and the trial prior to that was professional when she took a gap like a seasoned galloper. She should run a nice race.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 8-9-3-10
SUGGESTED BET: 8. Cool Culture – WIN & 9. Lucky Linda Lulu – WIN
Race 3 - 1:52PM PERTH RACING YOUNG MEMBERSHIP HANDICAP (2200 METRES) – FULL FIELD
6. KHAWAJA finally gets out to 2200m, the trip which he has been looking for this whole preparation. A cold ride from barrier nine will ensure he is given every possible chance.
4. AT THE READY another three-year-old in the race which has very solid claims. He has been racing well against the older horses and should appreciate the extra 200m that this race affords him. Blinkers off should allow him to relax and get the full 2200m. William Pike on does not hurt his chances either.
5. DAGORLAD is on the quick one-week backup. If he can settle in the first half of the field, he should be fit enough to run well.
10. GREATER IMPACT finds herself in a slightly smaller field with a better draw and that should allow her to find the lead comfortably. If she can relax and Shaun O'Donnell can control the race, she could be a sneaky each-way go.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 6-4-5-10
SUGGESTED BET: 4. At The Ready – WIN & 6. Khawaja – WIN
Race 4 - 2:32PM PENFOLDS HANDICAP (1200 METRES) – FULL FIELD
8. KLEVA KEZZA is beautifully bred filly having her first start. She is by Smart Missile out of a Zabeel mare and trialled well recently when on-speed. The wide barrier of 10 is a positive though as she will finish off better with cover and from the rear of the field. Watch for her to be flashing home late.
7. CARNELIAN was only beaten four lengths by Ellicazoom last preparation and has had a good break since. The recent trial was excellent against some seasoned older opposition and, off that trial, she is one that should run a good race against her own age group.
11. OREGON BRONZE is still a maiden but gets the services of the in-form Shaun McGruddy. Back to 1200m, after running well over 1400m, should suit and McGruddy can control the race from the near the speed.
3. DELLAVEDOVA was doing his best work late over 1300m last start. Third up, he should be fit and get the gun run from barrier one.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 8-7-11-3
SUGGESTED BET: 8. Kleva Kezza – EACH WAY
Race 5 - 3:10PM KIRIN MEGUMI HANDICAP (1200 METRES) – FULL FIELD
7. LUNA ROSSA will go up big odds with bookmakers but his chances should be respected. Despite being a maiden, his recent trial on Monday 23 January was good and he was doing his best work late when first up over 1108m at Bunbury. Second up, he should be fit and ready to attack the line strongly at a big price.
8. MOSSTIARA won impressively last time out on a soft track at Ascot. She was three-wide without cover on that occasion but still toughed it out to the line over 1000m. 1200m here and beyond in the future will suit.
3. FAIR NAKITA got to the wrong part of the track last start when second in the same race as Mosstiara. With a midfield sit and some cover, she will be running a good race again.
6. SECRET PARK may be looking for further but gets another go at 1200m. She found the line well last start when beaten by only two lengths at Bunbury. Peter Hall goes on here and should get every possible chance from the good draw.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 7-8-3-6
SUGGESTED BET: 7. Luna Rossa – EACH WAY
Race 6 - 3:45PM PERTH RACING CLUB MEMBERSHIP HANDICAP (1000 METRES) – FULL FIELD
7. DISCO RIFFIC is one at value odds that should be considered. Jockey Ben Paterson does have barrier 11 to overcome but a quiet ride from back in the field and around a bend should see her finish off strongly.
1. STAR GLITTER has been racing very well with big weights. He has to carry 60kg here again but is in great form with the red hot Brad Parnham in the saddle.
4. TWO FOR TWENTY TWO ran on well last start behind the very smart Glimmer Girl and Star Glitter. Despite this being his eighth run this preparation, expect improvement again.
5. TWO SILVER TREES has proven that she performs best with cover in the run. Tayla Stone can get a cheap run here and could turn out a sharp late burst with only 53.5kg on the mare's back.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 7-1-4-5
SUGGESTED BET: 7. Disco Riffic – EACH WAY
Race 7 - 4:25PM DEVIL'S LAIR HANDICAP (1600 METRES) – FULL FIELD
8. SKY ATLAS was doing his best work late last start over 1410m when first up. Simply put, he is likely to get the gun run from the good draw and will take a power of beating.
2. MAKATIES KEEPER drops significantly in class after only being beaten one length behind Sasso's Circus in benchmark 72+ class. She is in great form will run a great race with in-form 3kg claimer Kate Witten on board.
4. LEONORASENSATION was safely held at his last two starts in benchmark 72+ class. This is a big drop in grade and has to be respected.
7. LONG OVER DUE will lead and be the one to chase down. An each-way play depending on where the better part of the track is.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 8-2-4-7
SUGGESTED BET: 2. Makaties Keeper – WIN & 8. Sky Atlas - WIN
Race 8 - 5:05PM LAVAZZA HANDICAP (1400 METRES) – FULL FIELD
12. AWAKEN’s only start was devastating when winning on debut by four lengths back on Thursday 10 November at Bunbury in a maiden race over 1420m. She is the best bet on the card and follow her heading towards the WA Oaks.
3. TOUCH OF SILVER was slightly unlucky last start when the tearaway leader got runners, in front of him, off the bit and they fell back into his lap. He got out late and ran an eye-catching third. He will go well again here.
11. SWIFT SIS showed plenty of ability as a two-year-old but then went off the boil last preparation. The recent trials suggest that she is back in good order and wants to be a racer.
13. THE ESCAPE PLAN won last start over 1690m at Bunbury back in late December. She has been freshened up for this 1400m assignment and is likely to head towards the WA Oaks. She can run a good race in this.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 12-3-11-13
SUGGESTED BET: 3. Touch Of Silver – EACH WAY
Race 9 - 5:40PM TABTOUCH RACE REPLAYS HANDICAP (1400 METRES) – FULL FIELD
16. CELTIC WIZARD ran on well for fourth last start after suffering a nasty fall the start before. Towards the end of last preparation he did not seem a happy horse and the break would have done him the world of good. Look for him to be going close to winning this.
1. ATLANTA BLUE drops in class after running a good race second up in Saturday class behind Majinika. 60kg shouldn’t bother him after running well first up, in equal class, with 59.5kg.
5. ATARENZA finished off well last start behind Keeper's Tale over 1200m. Expect a cold ride from barrier 14 and for him to finish off strongly.
6. WESTERN TEMPLE is a stayer resuming and will need the run after only one trial. He is likely to get better over further.
SUGGESTED SELECTIONS: 16-1-5-6
SUGGESTED BET: 16. Celtic Wizard – EACH WAY
HAVING A BET?
BEST BET: Race 7 – 8. Sky Atlas
BEST VALUE: Race 4 – 8. Kleva Kezza
Click here for the latest TABtouch betting markets.
Please remember to always gamble responsibly.